Monday 14 September 2009

Poor T Swift

Photobucket

My heart really goes out to her after she was left standing on the stage at the VMAs, holding her award for BEST FEMALE VIDEO for song You Belong With Me when Kanye West crashed the stage, grabbed the mike and proceeded to say Beyonce deserved the award.

Photobucket

The sweetest thing is the look of utter surprise on her face when it is announced that she won, and when she explains how she's always dreamt of this moment: "I always wondered what it would be like to maybe win one of these someday, but never actually thought it would happen."



But West ruined her moment when he jumped on stage at Radio City Music Hall.


"Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time," he said, as a shocked Beyonce looked on and the crowd began to boo West.


Fortunately the night was not over for Swift, who was due to perform after she received the award, but was too crestfallen. Later, Beyonce, ever gracious, sacrificed her own time upon winning Video of the Year to let Taylor finish her speech.




There's a lot of speculation about whether this is a VMA stunt, but I don't think so, because it's very unsportsmanlike and in very bad taste. This is not like Bruno. This is Kanye being rude and uncharitable.

Anyway, T Swift's vid totally deserved to win, it's cute and funny and sincere and utterly charming.


Enjoy (and drool) all over again:



Here she is looking gorgeous, advertising for the VMAs:


I can't believe she's only 19. My age. She's incredible! And so grounded. What an inspiration.

x
JAG

7 comments:

Tina Nandi said...

Go Taylor!
Heard the song before, but watched the video for the first time today! Saweeeet!
:D

Arielle said...

Aw, I've heard that song before but never seen the video and, aw, it's pretty adorable. And I don't really like her music but she is really cute.

Arielle said...

Also, I feel like her not wearing her super cute glasses at the end sort of diminishes the cuteness.

Z said...

Love taylor swift, think shes adorable and super talented. i loved this video, (really...LOVED it), but I agree with Arielle I feel like she should have gotten all dolled up and kept the glasses on! ah well, i love her all the same and kanye is just an asshole.

xx

anahit said...

I love her so much, she just seems so lovely. I felt soooo sorry for her, it was just incredibly out of order. beyonce was just so lovely and gracious though, and I hope taylor knows that she completely deserved her award xxx

Celise said...

As great a performer as Beyonce is, I think the general public thought it was time for someone else to win. And thought she's won enough awards in her time. LOL. Personally, I thought the video wasn't all that great, her hand prop was stupid, and the song is TOTALLY overplayed. I'm glad Taylor won, but sad that Kanye ruined the moment for her.

And even though Beyonce let her come up and try again, she'll never get that initial moment back. That was supposed to be HER time. And now she'll remember it as "Kanye "f*** up my big moment and I took the spotlight from Beyonce's speech. Great times." And that sucks.

Open to Suggestions said...

she's so hot