Tuesday 30 March 2010

My Second First*

*sounds like the title of an episode of Scrubs

My first: crazy lucky chance to go to a sold-out concert I really want to see because a friend had tickets but his friend couldn't go so I did!!!!!!

My second: experience of "floor seats" (ie standing room) at a concert (Taylor Swift was my first.)

My third: concert in two months!!!

I WENT TO SEE LADY GAGA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















My friend in college had a ticket, and I'd been telling him for sometime how jealous I was. The first two shows sold out, and I seriously considered buying tickets to the third, but it's over the Easter break, and I'm going home. As it worked out, my friend's friend couldn't make it, so about three hours before the concert on Wednesday he sussed me out by asking me if I was doing anything ("not going to Lady GaGa is what I'm doing."). Then, cool as anything, he said "JaG, if I had a ticket to the concert tonight, would you want it?" Would I WHAT! I think I nearly pierced everyone's ear drums when I realised he wasn't pulling my leg, and spent the next few hours getting ready in a state of shock and exponential excitement.




















It was MIND-BLOWINGLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!



















The set was insane, all neon lights, smoke, video images, rising platforms, boys in underwear, pianos in fire, keyboard guitars, man-eating fish and gloomy forests illuminated by colourful strobe spotlights.




















The before-act was hilarious. They were a cross-dressing band called Semi-Precious Weapons from "New York motherfucking City," and the lead singer in particular seemed to like revealing as much of himself as possible (he actually changed whilst onstage!). There are no words to describe him; he was all eyeliner, leggings, glittery high heels and peroxide.




















The concert combined themes of the Monster Ball, Tinkerbell, the Wizard of Oz and the Yellow Brick Road; there was even a "twister" and a Glitter Road. She opened with Dance in the Dark and closed with Bad Romance. It was beyond epic!!!!!!!!!!!




















The standing room was actually quite pleasant, not as cramped and pushy as Taylor Swift, except that I was standing behind a couple of flamboyant tall guys who kept talking about how much they wanted pills.




















Find your freedom in the music

F
ind your Jesus
Find your Kubrick

You will never fall apart

Diana, you’re still in our hearts

Never let you fall apart

Together we’ll dance in the dark




















x
JAG

6 comments:

Krislyn said...

INSANE! you are so lucky! lady gaga is truly talented... and BEYOND unique. love her.

Sharanya said...

I first "saw" her in that GG eps and have been super-fascinated with her since! GREAT pictures :)

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Are you kidding!?! that's amazing! if those are your pictures, you seemed to be really close too! wow!!!

this deserves an award I think - check out my blog :) I nominated you for one.

Celise said...

it's truly hard to believe that she's in her early 20's. I saw her on Oprah a while back and couldn't get over the fact that she was so young. Crazy. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I imagine I'll feel like this when I see the cast of GLEE next month. LOl. REALLY looking forward to that!

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

No worries JAG <3

have a great day! I've had one - the sun has finally come to sweden, haha! :)

Just a girl said...

Ha ha S, I didn't like that song - Bad Romance - when I first heard it, but it fit so well in that GG ep, and my friends all LOVE it, now it's one of my favourite songs!!!!


Diana - thanks again for the award, and deleting my comments! :) I think my camera may be a bit deceptive in how close I appear to have been ;) I got great photos at GaGa and T Swift!!! Lucky I had my shiny new pink camera I got at Christmas...which I probably haven't mentioned before...but it's beautiful and takes amazing photos! :D

Celise, I feel exactly the same way about Taylor Swift, given she's about my age. It's incredible. Ahhhhhh I can't wait for Glee either!!!!!!!! =)

xx
JAG