Thursday 25 August 2011

Top 5 Friends

Just kidding you guys, as if I would ever rank my friends!! Mainly because I am truly blessed with the loveliest friends in the world :) however this is a toast I mean post in honor of some very dear friends who did some super gorgeous things for me before I left. They are listed in no order.


  • K - thank you for staying the night of my going away party, you've no idea how reassuring you were when I was stressing out the day before I left and had something of a mini-meltdown about all the Oaktree work I hadn't done and was leaving guiltily behind for others to finish. Thank you for staying up late and talking with me, for hanging out and chilling with me, for all the advice, for just listening while I rambled about my unfounded fears, and mostly moaned about The Boy. I'm sorry I ditched you for breakfast that morning, but I hope enjoyed my humble (and futile!) attempts at recreating your incredible breakfast artistry.

  • B - thank you for being such a dear and continually insisting on sharing my workload, right up until the last. Thank you for your gorgeous and constant words of support, not to mention your incredibly thoughtful actions - thank you to you and K for your beautiful going away gift, it was perfect and totally essential! Every item serves me fabulously, and reminds me of you both. Your sincere happiness for me, coupled with our frequent chatting sessions, in which you continually tell me how much I deserve this, do wonders for my spirits and fortify my optimism. You really are too kind for words, and I love that distance doesn't lessen this in the slightest.

  • G - thank you for your euros, for your beautiful card, for making time to come to my farewell dinner, for making me dinner before I left - I know well how extremely, ridiculously busy you are, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking time out of your insanely hectic schedule to just hang out with me (which we all know is very unproductive).

  • A and E - thank you for your charming, wonderful and sweet send off at the airport! E it was so nice of you to offer to drive me to the airport, considering we had to leave at 7am, and A you were a delightful surprise! I don't think you really knew how truly stressed I was, about the Oaktree work I hadn't been able to finish, and considering I hadn't had any sleep, I was something of a mess. I wasn't excited about the trip in the slightest - mentally I wasn't even prepared for it - but thanks to breakfast with you, calls from Gemini and Sara, your incredibly beautiful tokens of friendship and love, which of course I have treasured, and was truly touched by it, not to mention your hilarious (and shameless!) rendition of "I Will Always Love You" and your cheer as I walked through to the international terminal, helped lift my spirits and remind me of the incredible future I had to look forward to. By the time I'd left you - sadly, of course, and with difficulty - I was actually happy to be leaving the country, not miserable and hassled as I was when I started the drive to the airport. I can not tell you how grateful I am for this. 

And of course a massive and heartfelt thank you to everyone who came to my going-away party - unfortunately, much like my 21st, I didn't get half as much a chance as I would have liked to catch up with any of you properly, but it meant so very much to me that you came, and it was so fabulous to see you before I left. It was a fantastic night, so thank you for more happy memories to carry me through my time away until I see you again! 

Seriously. I don't know where I would be without any of you guys. I love and miss you all so very much.



x
JAG

No comments: