Sunday 9 September 2007

Spring has Sprung

Nothing is so beautiful as Spring

When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush.

~Hopkins, Spring

While Spring may not be my favourite time of year (due to my hay fever allergies), the warm weather, sunny days, blue skies and blooming blossoms never fail to make me smile and feel infinitely happier. In celebration of Spring, I'm going to start the season with some of my favourite Springtime photos:



This photo was taken last year of daffodils in a garden bed at the back of the boarding house


This photo was taken just recently of blossoms on a tree close to the garden bed above


This was taken last year of our (sometimes) budding Claret Ash against a stormy sky

Happy Spring! And here's hoping that this season it rains, and is indeed "long and lovely and lush" (easy for Hopkins to say, he lived in a fertile England!)

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your blog dates screwing up again coz I definitely don't remember seeing this here!!
Pretty photos @_@ Especially the first two. I'm a sucker for photos of nature. Who would've thought?
x

Gabriela said...

I love the last picture. =)

Spring isn't my favorite time of the year either, I like summer and winter better.

toby said...

Ah yes, lovely England. Here autumn has come early. The summer floods are a distant memory, the temperature at night has sunk to 4 degrees and, as I write, thunderous clouds are rolling overhead and the wind is howling in the rooftops. Wish you were here?