Thursday 21 January 2010

:)

Apologies for being away (but not to you, jdl). Parentals have been severely limiting my internet time (ie moreso than usual) and have been away for Christmas and NYE as well as shortly after that. Going down to the Australian Open tomorrow, so will be back after that! Hope you've all be well. I very much miss being able to read all your blogs, so please let me know what you've been up to. I will update myself soon!

When Sara was in Miami, all alone over Christmas (I know: sadface, right?!) she asked me to suggest some happy songs to cheer her up. So I did: Build Me Up Buttercup and Here Comes the Sun. And ever since I’ve had the itch to create a happifying playlist, which I have, and it’s dedicated to you, m’dear:

Photobucket

Paper Planes, M.I.A

Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard, Simon and Garfunkel

Sweet Caroline, Puck - Glee

Catch My Disease (That’s the Way I Like it), Ben Lee

Fearless, Taylor Swift

Wouldn’t It Be Nice, The Beach Boys

Don’t Worry, Be Happy, Bobby McFemin

Hakuna Matata, Tamon and Pumba

All I Want is You, Barry Louis Polisar

Don’t Stop Believin’, Glee Cast

Forever, Chris Brown

Friday On My Mind, The Easybeats

Do You Love Me?, Dirty Dancing

What I Like About You, The Romantics

Hold the Line, Toto

Desire, U2

I’ll Be There For You, The Rembrants

When They Fight, They Fight, The Generationals

I Gotta Feeling, The Black Eyed Peas

Rehab, Glee Cast

Penny Lane, The Beatles

More Than a Feeling, Boston

I Get Up, INXS

Tubthumping, Chumbawamba

Untouched, The Veronicas

Photobucket

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cindy Lauper

Think, Aretha Franklin

The Waitress, The Waifs

Scar, Missy Higgins

Something There, Beauty and the Beast

Tree Hugger, Kimya Dawson & Antsy Pants

Daydream Believer, The Monkees

You Can Call Me Al, Simon and Garfunkel

Walk of Life, Dire Straits

Break My Stride, Ace of Base

Halo/Walking on Sunshine, Glee Cast

Our Song, Taylor Swift

Put On Your Sunday Clothes, Barbra Streisand & Michael Crawford

Shake a Tail Feather, Ray Charles

Jump, Glee Cast

Stuck for the Summer, Two Hours Traffic

LDN, Lily Allen

No Sleep Tonight, The Faders

Fun, Fun, Fun, The Beach Boys

I Just Can’t Wait to be King, The Lion King

Beautiful Day, U2

Jai Ho, A. R. Rahman Feat. Sukhwinder Singh, Tanvi Shah & Mahalakshmi Iyer

You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet, Bachman Turner Overdrive

U+Ur Hand, Pink

Mama Mia, ABBA

I’m Lucky, Joan Armatrading

You Looked So Good, Clare Bowditch

Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield

You Belong With Me, Taylor Swift

We’re All in This Together, Ben Lee

Dhan Te Naan, Sukhwinder Singh

What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong

So yes, there are several songs by the Glee cast, but you can choose the originals if you like – I just adore the Glee soundtrack, and happen to think their versions are generally more upbeat (the whole show is just fantastically peppy. Expect a gushing recommendation soon.)

Suggestions welcome!

x
JAG

2 comments:

Such! said...

wow, you've been away forever! I was starting to get worried :)
Nice list. I love cindy lauper - in fact was listening to it while reading the list.

sara said...

ahhh i just found this post!! haha i'm going to make the playlist now and download all the songs i don't have :)