Tuesday 13 April 2010

Fearless

Can't believe I haven't told you about TAYLOR THE AMAZING SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















Some girls put some AMAZING effort into their costumes. I'm almost certain some of those shirts had the names copied exactly off the video clip. Oh wait, I haven't shown you my dress!!




























I got up at 3.15am - not even kidding - to catch a 4.20am bus to Melbourne. Not that it takes that long to get to Melbourne, it's about 5 hours by bus and connecting train, but that was the only bus from the town closest to wear I live that would get me there in time. Besides, it's Taylor, I'll do whatever it takes!!!





















My lovely friend L - we've been good friends since school - who hooked me up with the tickets - put me up for the night. We went to the concert with another friend from school.






















We were standing room - and superrrrr close!!! It was kind of cramped and close and hot and sweaty and TOTALLY crazy - you couldn't move, if the crowd pushed, you moved with it - but there's nothing like the feeling of singing You Belong With Me at the top of your lungs with 10,000 other fans (her opening number, complete with back up cheerleadering dancers.)





















It was so adorable the way she just stood there, humbled, for 5 mins while we screamed our crazy fangirl hearts out, like she couldn't believe it, like it was her first time on stage.




















Teardrops on my guitar.





















Isn't she just so beautiful?





















This was Forever and Always. Before this song, she played a hilarious video of an "interview" where she was asked if she thought naming guys in her songs would be a put-off to them dating her, to which she said "if they don't want to be named in my songs, they shouldn't do bad things!"





















She didn't play any of her new songs from Fearless: Platinum, which surprised me - not that I'm complaining! - but of course she played all our favourites from Fearless and her debut self-titled album...




















including her most recent song from Valentine's Day, Today Was a Fairytale!!! (I took home sooo much confetti) :)




















She closed spectacularly with Should Have Said No, complete with waterfall!!!!!!!


x
JAG

5 comments:

Celise said...

I heard and she and Jacob--er, the other Taylor--are no longer dating. Any truth to that for sure? Did she mention him at all during her concert?

Such! said...

Ok, I messed up my template and have been painfully restoring things now. I somehow, some-bloody-how didn't put you on my blogroll! Im ashamed and all. I just kept thinking you're still missing. Sad, thats me.
Big Taylor fan huh?! :D She's peppy.
I love Anne Hathaway though. V. pretty.

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

I really really like your dress! Is the flowery part thin? like flowy? Anyway, so glad you saw Taylor Swift, I've onyl really hears teardrops on my guitar and you belong with me, but the whole concert seemed awesome (I mean waterfall? A+!) and how much don't you love confetti?! At the coldplay concert I took two handfuls of butterfly confetti to hang in my room. So pretty :)

Just a girl said...

@Celise: Nope, she didn't mention him. Pretty sure they're not together anymore :( although I did hear that she went out for dinner with Cory - you know, Finn, from Glee? Which made me insanely happy :D

@Such! that's ok, I'm not offended :) ha ha, HUGE Taylor fan. And massive Anne admirer. Sigh. They're both so beautiful and talented.

@Diana: the flowery part IS thin and flowy (which is really fun: the swish factor is high!) and there's a bit of a petticoat under that for extra modesty ;) It was amazing amounts of confetti, covered the floor almost entirely!! Quite spectular. I love all her songs, you should listen to Hey Stephen and Our Song ♥ Also look up the Should've Said No video on YouTube, it's incredible!

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

can i tell you how jealous i am?! i LOVE taylor swift, not even in a guilty pleasure sort of way, openly and freely. i wanted to go to her concert at madison square garden but it sold out in minutes :( those crazy 13 year old fans are pretty swift (lame pun intended ;). it looks like and sounds like you had an amazing time! good for you.

xx

cordie