Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Royal Blah Blah Blah

I'll admit, when all this "WILL AND KATE ARE GETTING ENGAGED ZOMGGGGGGGGG" hoopla started, I couldn't have cared less. I thought it was overrated, excessive, outdated, and, quite frankly, no big deal (I may well have needed a "Royal Wedding sick bag.") I still won't be avidly fixed to the TV this Friday, but I'll confess, my romantic heart-strings are singing just a little softly right now - mainly because, well, it's lovely for Will to have found someone who loves him for him. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, to be him, particularly when it comes to meeting people, making friends - falling in love.






















It's the curse of anyone with fame (the more famed you are, the more cursed) - what I imagine to be a difficult in trusting the way people interact with you. It must be so hard to make sincere friends and build honest relationships.

But think how awful it must be for Kate - to be so scrutinised, to be constantly compared to Diana, to be humiliated on the front page of every paper, to be photographed everywhere you go - never a quiet or private moment for you or your family, every activity commented on your, your entire life 'fair game' for public consumption.

Of course that's what a relationship with a Royal must involve, and Kate would have had an inkling of what she was in for, but it doesn't make it any easier. That must be some kind of love.

I'm really happy for them both. But I wonder if Australia will still be a monarchy by the time they ascend to the throne? A friend of mine recently proposed that they thought Charles would adjudicate if/when his mother dies. Thoughts?







































x
JAG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what the question is (because English is my second languge), but I like your thoughts on Kate and William. My mum has this conspiracy that Kate planned it all out and she's succeeded in her plot to be Princess. Ha. I think she's VERY lucky. x

Danica C. said...

Lovely blog! very entertaining. haha i love how adorable you are.