Saturday 5 January 2008

The 40+ Club

No, I'm not referring to age.

Also known as The 99+ Club, the 40+ Club refers to an elite group of IB students who - you guessed it! - achieved 40 or more in their completion of the IB.

Since results were released yesterday, rumours have been flying thick and fast across Facebook and Skype about who got what, but it was confirmed today by our IBC that 16 people scored more than 40 (including me), 4 people are Duces (plural of dux) of our school and 3 people are
Proxime Accesserunt (plural of Proxime Accessit).

How nerdy are we?

Exceptionally nerdy. (Sorry, couldn't resist; that's an inside/school joke.)

Dancing Feet is part of the club (I hope he doesn't mind my saying so), and I wager that Sara will be too. [Edit: Sara not only cracked the big 4-0h, as she calls it, but the huuuuge 4-5!! Congratulations to her!]

In our IBC's email, it was mentioned that 46 people were part of the IB 2007 session, and yet only 45 received the diploma. Does any one of my exceptionally nerdy classmates know if this refers to our good friend Miss SC, who left us in the middle of the year, or did someone actually fail?

[Edit: to my dismay, I have found out that someone did actually fail.]

For those who want to know what those beautiful Hispanitas look like, here they are, in all their shiny, white, leather glory:



Speaking of photos, I've started a photo blog, which will be an interesting experiment, least of which to see how long I can maintain it - regularly - for. I'll probably link to it occasionally - and vice versa - but otherwise this blog shall continue to document my everyday life. The Impatient Photographer - as I've named it - is my chance to talk about and discuss my photos in another forum, as I have so many photos from so many occasions that I want to share.

x
Just a girl

2 comments:

Dancing Feet said...

No that is fine saying I got above 40. Congratulations again on you results. You better be getting English remarked or else *shakes a fist*.

Gabriela said...

Yeah, how nerdy of you. LOL. I've never been a nerd, but I would love to, especially now that school has been a frustrating experience.

Congratulations!