Thursday 24 January 2008

Australia Day Week

Let me introduce Australia's one and only, Sam Kekovich, not to be taken seriously.





If you don't understand why all those nicely dressed kids are standing around, it's a take off of the (recognisable) Qantas ad.

It's all part of lamb promotion by MLA (Meat & Livestock Australia) that started around 2006. This particular advertisement (one of many, that include Vote Lamb during the elections, and broadcasts during the "unAustralian Open") has been hailed as controversial because of certain comments pertaining to NZ's PM Helen Clarke.

That's an Aussie sense of humour for you!

x
Just an Aussie (girl)

2 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

Okay, after reading your blog and chatting with my Australian friends, I'm afraid I really am going to need some kinda guide to Aussie slang and references.

Like Qantas and larrikin and such-- oh, but I still thought that ad was funny. =)

-jdl

P.S. Hi, Just a Girl! I like your banner at the top.

Marcus A. said...

Kekovich rocks. I wish i had a copy of the ad he did where he talked about venus.