Saturday 17 January 2009

I’m Ba-a-a-ck!

I have returned to sunny, sultry, sunburnt shores of Australia (and am sure to subsequently become sunburned too soon), recovering from jet lag. As a result, full post(s) and photos to come,* but at the moment, only highlights.

-Hawaii was beautiful, green, overgrown and wet, as per usual. Shared my holiday destination with the President-elect, who was staying on another side of the Island (and made the paper everyday with his golf playing and use of the military gym.)


-The Grand Canyon was the absolute highlight. It snowed! And it was spectacular. We were able to see it both by walking around the South Rim and by helicopter flight. Amazing and awe-inspiring from every angle.


-Las Vegas was a shock to the system; girls, gambling and gluttony. The Strip itself is surreal, replicas of New York, Paris, Rome, Venice, and Egypt. Being underage in Vegas, about the only thing we could do (apart from shop, which believe me, we did!) was go to a show – Cirque du Soleil and Criss Angel’s** Believe, which was stupefying.


-LA was lovely, even if there are too many people and the smog is so
mething horrific. But the beaches – and shopping! – were very impressive. No celebrity spotting, probably because we flew out the day before the Golden Globes. We stayed in Beverly Hills, which was very nice (but that’s not to say we stayed in a 5 star hotel.)


I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed reading your blogs, I feel like I’ve missed so much. Feel free to leave me a summary comment about how your Christmas/holiday
s have been (with links, if you like) – much appreciated! Tell me everything. ;-)


Did anyone see any good movies over the summer? I’m dying to see Slumdog Millionaire, Benjamin Button, Changeling and Milk.


x
JAG


*Unfortunately, my new 1GB memory card – bought solely for the purpose of being able to take more photos – decided it wanted to be formatted after I’d taken almost 200 photos in Hawaii. I was able to use my brother’s camera for the rest of the trip, but can’t get any of the photos I took off my memory card. So frustrated.

**Has anyone heard of him before? He has a TV show called Mind Freak, and apparently is quite the sensation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin Button is amazing. Goooooo seeeeeeee iiiiiit.

Miss you :)

Anonymous said...

heeey welcome back!
sounds like you had a fab time you lucky lucky thing! Not a lots been going on my end tbh, I am just going to do a post methinks caus I havent blogged in too long! Looking forward to hearing more about your hol :)

Jazzy x

jacques du'loque said...

Yeah, he's a good showman. Also, really annoying and freaky. ;)

Sharanya said...

I forgot to mention Slumdog in my email- I can't wait to see it either. There's this huge fuss about how Bombay's been made out to be this dumpyard and nothing els,e but I don't care, anything as long as it's on my city. It's releasing here on the 23rd, and Jdl has watched it thrice already, and well, BOMBAY! I can't wait, really.

Z said...

las vegas and la tend to be places you can only spend 4-5 days in. they are pretty unbelievable but also so obviously not real. whatever the case, both can be a great time.
SEE MILK. its one of my favorite movies ive seen in a long time. im still waiting to see bejamin button.
also-i have nothing to say to you about your trip to hawaii. except for the fact that im boiling with jealousy.
im glad you had such a good time on all your adventures, welcome back!
xx