Friday 1 February 2008

8

It’s 2008, so I thought I’d write an 8 themed post to celebrate.

8 Verbs for ’08:
Read: Austen
Dickens
Joyce
Homer

Listen to: Radiohead
Pink Floyd
The Ramones

See: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Rocky Balboa
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
My Fair Lady
Singing in the Rain
Some Like it Hot

Eat: more fruit
less chocolate

Learn: Pilates
Piano (again)

Get: a job
published

Donate: blood
money

Be: more patient
less stubborn
more forgiving
less sarcastic

8 Favourite Film Soundtracks
Juno
Blues Brothers
Les Choristes
Grease
Walk the Line
The Lion King
10 Things I Hate About You
Love Actually

8 Favourite Travel Memories
Climbing Ayers Rock, 2007
Safari, Botswana, 2006
Tongabezi, Zambia, 2006
Disney World, Florida, 2002
Catching an on and off tour bus in Rome, 2004
Snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef, 2001
Florance, 2004
Lake Como, 2004 (trolley ride and lake cruise)

8 countries I want to visit
Egypt – I have wanted to go there for almost as long as I can remember. I have always been fascinated by myths and history, and Ancient Egypt and their religion is steeped in it

Canada – has long been of interest to me, though I’m not sure I can pinpoint exactly why. It is a beautiful place; I would love to see Autumn there, the Rocky Mountains, to ski at Whistler; perhaps Anne of Green Gables is to blame

Spain – the beaches, the food, a chance to use the language – a fantastic, sunny European destination

Brazil – the Amazon, Rió de Jenero, the Incas...I’ve never been to South America, but would love to, and Brazil seems a good place to start.

Japan – I have never really travelled through Asia – spent two days in Bangkok exploring temples on a stopover from Rome – and Japan

Norway – when I was much younger, a Norwegian man came to stay with us (a friend, I think), and his descriptions (and the book he left of his home country) – great sweeping fjords, Viking mythology, snow capped mountains, country cottages covered by wildflowers – intrigued me. Plus he gave us some chocolate, which was fantastic.

Greece – I’ve been reading a book about Greece (about a woman who moves there) and although she’s having a fairly hellish time, it has captivated me rather than deterred me. Again, the history, the monuments – the centre of civilisation, indeed! – and the images of sun soaked beaches (perhaps a visit to Ibiza?) entice me.

Peru – the Andes, Machu Piccu, Incan history, and a river called Madre de Dios (mother of God) are all attractions.

8 Countries I’ve Visited
USA
England
Scotland
France
Switzerland
Italy
South Africa
Botswana

8 Hottest Male Celebrity Actors (according to me)
Mark Wahlburg
Matt Damon
James McAvoy
James Marsden
Jonas Armstrong
Johnny Depp
Jake Gyllanhaal (yeah, I know, I've got a J thing going on here...)
Orlando Bloom

8 Favourite Girls’ Names
Madison
Ava
Arabella
Chelsea
Ariel
May
Genevieve
India

8 Favourite Boys’ Names
Oliver
Charlie
Lorenzo
Carter
John
Edward
Pablo
Theodore

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

angus said...

definately see breakfast at tiffany's, end of story. despite it not being popular among most men, i thought it was freakin hilarious / kinda sad, and watched it three times in 2 days.
enjoy it.
year 12 started for me today

!Teq-uila Del Zapata said...

read
d h lawrence
dumas
douglas adams

listen to
rolling stones
Judas Priest

see
rebecca
kiss kiss bang bang

eat
on time.

learn:
there is such a huge list...

get:
my papers

donate:
no blood donation(being underweight :( )

Be:
less lazy

favorite tracks:
paint it black
lex aterena

travelling:
shillong 07
bombay 08

hottest female celebs
Monica Belluci
RAchel wiesz

Girls name:
Jane
Joanna


phew..... can't write ur list is too long...

Finding Bangkok Hotels said...

I will plan my next trip on Phuket. My destination is the beach. I knew that beaches in Phuket is very beautiful during Nov till March. If i go there, i will share my traveling picture and blog as well. I like your story so much....