Monday 18 February 2008

Upfront

A bunch of questions – based on interview questions from Saturday’s The Age Good Weekend (dated 10/11/07 and 15/12/07), which are always good fun to read, and even better to answer.

My earliest memory is…learning how to swim

At school I…studied hard

My first relationship was…long-distance, if that even counts

My father always told me…the story of George Washington chopping down the cherry tree. Moral: be honest.

I wish I had…stayed awake until midnight when in Paris, 2004, to see the New Year’s celebrations, even if they were subdued because of the tsunami

I wish I hadn’t…done what I did to get into trouble in year nine

My happiest moment was…the two weeks I spent in Hawaii with my grandparents before Christmas

At home I cook…very little except dessert

My last meal would be…macadamia nut and coconut crusted lamb chops with garlic roasted mash potatoes, followed by a chocolate dessert, at Alan Wong’s

My favourite gadget is…my camera or my iPod – but it will be soon my new iPhone, which combines the best of both!

I’m very bad at…being patient

When I was a child I wanted to…compete in the Olympics

The book that changed my life is…To Kill a Mockingbird – it crystallised my views on racism

It’s not fashionable, but I love…Target

Friends say I am…a nerd

The song I’d like played at my funeral is…Collide, by Howie Day

My greatest fear is…not succeeding

The hardest thing I’ve ever done was…complete the final 5km leg of 160km relay-style run I did as part of a team in 2006 for charity, of which I’d already run 20km.

The last big belly laugh I had was…before Christmas, when playing doubles with my family and my father accidentally hit the ball into the back of my brother’s head – I had to sit down, I was crying so hard

What I don’t find amusing is…intolerance in all its forms, particularly regarding race, sex and sexuality

I’m always been asked…how I’m so skinny/nerdy

Cat or dog…cat – more independent, less effusive

My favourite work of art is…Monet’s Waterlilies

I often wonder…what expectations, downfalls, achievements, trials, wonders, joys and tragedies life holds for me

x
Just a girl

10 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

Haha, the girl I sketched didn't have her hands showing-- the hoodie's sleeves reached past her fingers.

=P

Also, the features are always the last thing I draw. Those actually require effort. And talent.

Interesting survey, on a last note.

jacques du'loque said...

Oh, and I owe your photography blog a look. Or, you know, looks. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these interviews, I actually have considered writing up my own answers to the questions before... maybe I'll do it on my blog sometime.

"I wish I hadn’t…done what I did to get into trouble in year nine"

Now that was a drama filled week or two for the unit. God it seems like it was ages ago. I just got this massive blast of nostalgia realising how long ago it was. Ahhh.

"Friends say I am…a nerd
My greatest fear is…not succeeding"

Same ^^

"The hardest thing I’ve ever done was…complete the final 5km leg of 160km relay-style run I did as part of a team in 2006 for charity, of which I’d already run 20km."

Harder than the marathon?

Hollz said...

Hey Girl.. lol i actually was on google images looking for a pic from my previous post (the bitch one) and i came across your blog and started looking through it...

Im gonna add you to my sidebar.....

Chat soon ~xo

SKYLA said...

I loved this post. These quizzes are addicted, i C'd and P'd this onto my blog...hope you dont mind =)

Just a girl said...

du'loque: well then, at least she has hands!

Sara: Caused you guys quite a bit of strife in that third term, didn't I? I'll always be sorry for that. Remember Lovejoy helping us write that letter about whether or not we thought we should have a unit night? (some help she was.) Remember we made our HOU cry? I remember K3 crying one night too, that night we all wrote our letters of apology. Quite a lapse in judgement.

Yep, harder than the marathon, although the marathon was quite a challenge. Got blisters something awful from this run. Also ran it in legs, and wasn't at my own speed; was at the speed of other team members and on the final leg, the whole team (if you know Burge, she was on the team, for eg.); was incredibly painful, didn't think I could do it but for the support of other team members.

Hollz: Thanks! I'm always curious as to how people find me...

Skyla: I don't mind at all! Enjoy!

x
Just a girl

jacques du'loque said...

Why'd you chose "Just a Girl?"

-jacques du'loque

Anonymous said...

Naw, I don't think it was too bad. Maybe the impact of it has kind of thinned over time (or maybe because I wasn't directly punished like you guys were) but you have to take the lows with the highs and that was really as bad as it got. And looking back it's actually quite funny how Lovejoy 'helped' us to write the letter and fully egging us on saying "omg you have to include (some random statement that rubbed HOU's face in it)". I was crying that night we all wrote the letters of apology too, but yeah, at least you can call it a lesson learnt.

Oohh I see, running at Burge's pace for the final leg would be tough :/

Anonymous said...

I like doing these, too. I'll have to be careful about the "I wish I hadn't..." one cuz I can't post what I really want to say. As for your brother getting hit on the back of the head with a tennis ball? OUCH! That must've hurt.

Just a girl said...

Sara: yeah, I remember you crying as well as your wrote those letters, and it made me feel just awful. ;-(
It wasn't quite Burge's pace, but it wasn't mine either!

Celise: I'll bet it hurt, that's why it was so funny!

jdl, I saved your question for last because it's a good one. It's not because I'm insecure and think I'm "just a girl" - a nobody - in a world of 6 billion...If you think about it, I'm many things; chocoholic, workoholic, shopoholic, optimist, perfectionist, nerd, claustrophobic, but what it all comes down to is that I'm just me. I'm just a girl who is just herself.

Does that make any sense?

x
Just a girl