Thursday 14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have created a new header to celebrate. Check it out. ^^


So did anyone give or receive any dramatic gestures of luuuurve? Confess their secret feelings? Propose on bended knee?


I have done - nor been subject to - nothing of the sort. Though I will admit that I have a crush, on a boy I met at a party who I have nicknamed Joel. Unfortunately, he's going to a university in a different state to me (absence makes the heart grow fonder!) but my very good friend Gemini will be going to the same uni, and so will (subtly) keep tabs on him for me. ;-)


I should introduce Gemini properly, as I have mentioned her previously. We met in year 9, and we've been close friends ever since. She's big on procrastination (the Queen, you could say), and updates her blog occasionally, but when she does, it's bound to be amusing (even if her most recent post makes you wince with pain.) She's a poet - and a published one! - and one of the kindest people I know. She's also a great masseuse. Her love of chocolate is perhaps only equal to mine, but her love of marshmellows is far greater. She's also a terrific actress. She's going to be a famous name in advertising & TV one day. You'll see.


Valentine's Day was a somewhat bigger deal at my previous high school, where there was the tradition of sending roses on The Big Day to friends or crushes or lovers (or whoever) for $2. I never sent any, though I received several from kind friends. It could be very competitive, with girls (generally) sussing out how many roses other people had received (as compared to their own, of course.) If I recall correctly, one girl (K) received 13 in year 10 (am I right, Gemini?)! In any case, it was a large number. She was quite pretty.


I hope you all have a lovely day.


xo
Just a girl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new crush hey? Did you meet him at that party that I couldn't make it to? You've gotta show me some pics if you have some :D Are you still in touch?

I didn't know Gemini was a published poet. Wow! :D

And who is K?

Happy V-Day hun :)

jacques du'loque said...

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but yeah, The Girl knows how I feel now.

So, let's see if she speaks to me. =P

Oh, also, Gemini sounds really cool. And talented. Too talented. Argh, damn those talented people. =)

Hollz said...

Hey, just checkin out your blog... Ill be back again, come check me out.... ~l8r

Supporting people at critical times said...

Oh my darling clementine! what a lovely promo!! thank you for your kind words, today is a bit of a struggle, as I will explain once I eventually get around to watering my poor deserted blog, so you improved my day very considerably!! Orientation is crazy! Hope you are well!
xoxoxooxoxoxxoxoxxo