Monday 17 March 2008

I Can't Believe the News Today

From the devestating to the downright bizarre, the headlines appear to be more bad than good.

NZ teen shot dead after being mistaken for deer

Beheading accused suffered 'delusions'

Star of Courage awards for three acts of great bravery

Police-chase crash teen dies

They sought help, but got exorcism and the Bible

2000 teens gatecrash UK mansion party

Woman sat on toilet for two years

First Lady Becomes First Female Democrat Nominee - now that's a headline I'd like to see.

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

I wonder what you're like in real life. You're so curious. Also... go Obama! Change the way the world sees America-- fuck, change the way America sees the world.

jacques du'loque said...

I don't. I quit a month or so back, because there's just nothing redeemable about it, pick up lines aside.

You get sick and you die and until then, your lungs fail.

But you also look cool. So kids, don't smoke, cause it'll make you a cool dead person.

Just a girl said...

Glad to hear it. Also good to hear that not all smokers are lost causes in terms of realising there's "nothing redeemable about it," as you so aptly put it. ;-)

x
Just a girl

jacques du'loque said...

Ironically, I picked up the habit when I was a volunteer firefighter... EVERYONE at the firehouse smoked. Stressful job, I guess, but still kinda funny.

Sorry to spam your wall. I'll shut up.

Just a girl said...

Ha! That is ironic, and quite amusing.

If you were spamming my wall, I would publish what you had to say. Therefore I must think it's (semi) worthwhile. ;-)

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is, quite depressing, and also bizzare.
The one about the woman stuck on a toilet seat struck me as the most odd, is that even possible?
It kind of seemed like a joke, with a name like Sheriff Whipple! But then again, in this day and age it's almost certain that bizzare things go around behind unpublished doors.

Thanks for sharing,
-M, also known as Kermit, of Kermit and Prue :)