Tuesday 4 March 2008

Anything But Clothes

That was the theme of the party for the returning second year students on Sunday night.

One specification: anything but clothes, but not naked.

Most people turned up in a sheet styled as a toga (myself included, only with a doona cover), though some were more inventive, dressing (if it could be called that) in cardboard boxes, foil, towels, plastic bags, garbage bags and cloth bags.

The costumes were most entertaining, but made dancing interesting (read: restrictive) for most of us. But it was still a lot of fun.

What I wore (I pegged it down the side to keep it together):



x
Just a girl

8 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

I've a friend who made hers entirely out of condom wrappers. It held together, amazingly, out of what I suppose was sheer force of will.

Yours is nice, though, even if I wouldn't trust plastic clothes pins.

And my G-d my comments are so fuckin' boring, aren't they?

Fuckshitvaginawizard.

There. Novelty!

-jdl

P.S. Jsgrl? That's uncanny.

Just a girl said...

Oh, wow, condoms. That's waaaay more interesting! I was a bit worried that people might steal my pegs for the hell of it, but fortunately no one did.

x
js(a)grl (that is rather uncanny!)

Anonymous said...

LOL foil? I'd've liked to see that.

Is that the doona cover you had at T/T? Looks kinda familiar.

Just a girl said...

Yep, one and the same doona cover! I was going to go with sheets, but they were white and new, so I was like "old and faded doona cover! and I have two! brilliant!"

The foil ripped not long into the party. She also wore some pie pans, Madonna style.

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

thats a nice costume you have there, gold star.

i think condom rappers are rather origional tho!

-M

Supporting people at critical times said...

Ayyyyyyy!! (B). That's hot! I love that doona cover, it reminds me of gossip girl, robin hood and chocolate and veging out instead of working! (except you had generally done the work before hand and I was in total denial about the concept of work).

The party sounds fun, who comes up with these awesome themes?

xoxo

Gabriela said...

Nice outfit. LOL. =)

Kelli said...

Haha!
I love that as an idea for a party,
i've never heard of it before.
You looked good