Sunday 8 March 2009

You're My Exception

Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.


















People don't just meet organically anymore. If I want to make myself more attractive to the opposite sex, I don't go get a new haircut - I update my profile. That's just how it is.






















I saw He's Just Not That Into You on Friday with Sara. It was funny, romantic, and made some interesting points about the modern dating game. My favourite couple was, far and away, Ginnifer Goodwin and Justin Long. Aw. They're so cute!

























Most people might think Goodwin's character seems desperate and gives women a bad name, but she was just wearing
her heart on her sleeve, and good on her for hoping, and putting herself out there.

Sure and it's somewhat cliched, but I actually liked that they weren't all happy endings (although I wasn't a huge fan of the Ben/Anna story) but here are ten cliches you won't see in He's Just Not That Into You:

x
JAG

7 comments:

Sharanya said...

I WANT TO WATCH! I DON'T want to write stupid exams! UGH!

You make the movie sound twice as attractive, and I want to watch it NOW!

Just a girl said...

It's sweet. You'll love it. =)

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

Hahahahh I love Justin Long and Bradley Cooper.

Just a girl said...

I ♥ Justin Long too ;-)

x
JAG

anahit said...

I really really wanna see this, I'm absolutely in love with ginny goodwin...one of the most underrated actresses of our time.

Z said...

i just saw this last weekend. veryy cute. i really did love the ben/anna story. i did not see where she was coming from, and was expecting for her to get hurt, but i was surprised i felt bad for her. usually im not very judgemental, especially on situations such as those in films, but the fact that she planned and went after him in such a way made it different. but he turned out to be an even bigger asshole than i thought.

i loved the movie, but it did make women look a little bit desperate. anna, janine, gigi, and mary were all working so hard to get a man, or get the attention of one. thats why i loved beth, and in the end, janine.

but it was a great movie and gave exactly what it said it would.



cordie

Tina Nandi said...

oh my gosh!!! that last video is just hilarious!!!!!!
-tina (friend of Sharanya! :))