Friday 6 July 2007

Celebrity Spotting

Excitingly, and rather ironically, I caught a few glimpses of Australian 'celebrities' (famous people by Australian standards, anyway) while in Adelaide. Ironically because I saw more famous people in Adelaide in one weekend than I've seen in Sydney or Melbourne in all the times I've visited...although perhaps not so ironic, as Adelaide is smaller than either city and therefore there is a higher chance of seeing a celebrity (but that might be skewed logic, because if it's a smaller city, there will probably be less celebrities.) That aside, in Adelaide Airport (as we were waiting for our delayed flight) I saw the West Coast Eagles, flying home from victory (and the funniest thing was we saw two players watching the game on replay in one of the eateries!) - unfortunately, both Ben Cousins and Chris Judd (their two star players) were absent; if they were there, I would have asked for their autographs (definitely Cousins', because he's hot!) - and Bruce McAvaney. In Melbourne Airport, at the other end of our flight, we saw Jason McCartney, ex-Kangaroo player and Bali bombings survivor.

Pretty cool, huh?

Unfortunately, I did not see Sam Newman patrolling the streets of Adelaide (close to our hotel!) for last night's Street Talk. Guess you can't see everyone (but what I want to know is, why not?!)

x
Just a girl

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dear Just a girl
Thank you very much for your comment on my blog and for the compliments!! First ones from abroad!!
Sorry for posting this here
My email is julieloveisabitch@yahoo.fr

The Notebook actually won the MTV award 2005!! I really like Ryan Gosling... Have you seen him in The Believer? (no hair but gorgeous)

XXXX
Julie