Wednesday 25 July 2007

Doing My Bit

It's been...one week since I decided
Not to turn on my heater for a while
Three days since the epiphany
That I'm much warmer without my heater.

Yes, it's a lame parody of One Week. But the point (or epiphany) is that on Monday, I turned off my heater because I was feeling guilty about not volunteering to help plant trees on Sunday (do my bit for global warming and all that), so I decided that it was a waste of energy to leave my heater on, essentially, all the time. So I turned it off, and I haven't turned it back on since. I find I'm warm enough at nights anyway, and it hasn't hurt that the past two days have been pleasantly sunny...plus, with all the times I'm using Blackle, I must be saving heaps of energy! So that's my bit for the environment.

A sweet surprise today was my friend Miss SC showing up, flying down for a few days to pack! It was so nice to see her tonight, sitting together, watching the yr 12 IB Theatre production (very, very good, but emotionally intense - in a 'wow' way) together, walking back to her house...just like old times.

Another interesting (school-related) development is our formal, which isn't actually our school formal, but known as (something like) the Beginning of the End Ball (it's not called that, but I'm not releasing the name here.) It's not allowed to be associated with the school as we're organising it and there will be alcohol there. I'm quite excited about it - already bought my dress at the start of the year in America (it's not that I was so eager then, it's that my mum and I were looking for something different that no one else would find; dress shopping on a budget in Australia can be kind of limited around Melbourne). The big debate at the moment is dates or no dates? I'm not fussed either way - I'm pretty sure I won't be inviting anyone!! (no, not even the crush...whose attraction is waning...) Should be a good night, I think we've got a really nice venue booked. And I suppose if we end up having dates I can always invite a girl friend (is it girl friend or girlfriend? Because I always thought the latter implied more than friends...if you get my gist. Like boyfriend.)

BTW: Did you see: Lindsay Lohan got arrested for DUI again! And she had possession of drugs (again)...and she was driving on a suspended licence! I wonder if she'll get jail time? I think she deserves more than Paris got...it's a sad trend, especially for someone who has talent, like Lindsay (no comment on Paris - she's obviously got nothing better to do with her time.)

x
Just a girl

No comments: