Monday 23 July 2007

Shaping My So-Called Destiny

Just wasted about 2 hours of my precious study time, which seems to be deteriorating by the minute (funny thing, that). All the yr 12s had to attend a talk called "Shape Your Destiny" (no, not Anthony Robbins - if only!) by this motivational speaker who all the school prefects had to come back a day early for and spend 5 hours with on the day before school went back. He was annoying then - even more so now, because I knew what I was in for. I feel bad that the audience wasn't really reacting - the back row (boys) kept up with the "fake farts" but it was seriously boring. As many of us were saying throughout the day, we'd be "shaping our destinies" better if we were able to work in that time instead. I, at least, already know what I want to do, and I know how I'm going to get there. Here's the plan:
  • Survive IB and live to get an ENTER score, hopefully somewhere around 39 (= 98.5) or above
  • Get into uni (hopefully Uni of Melb., otherwise somewhere in America, eg University of Rochester, Yale or Columbia)
  • Survive uni and live to get a degree (bachelor of arts majoring in english or journalism)
  • Get a job (it gets a bit sketchy here...) hopefully at a newspaper/magazine etc
  • Be successful (I told you it gets sketchy...) - editor? travel journalist? front page?
  • Become an author - become bestseller
  • Somewhere in there, fall in love, get married and start a family

I know it's not all black and white, but I know what I want and I know I can get there. I didn't need this guy to tell me how to do it.

In other news...I'm saving the world, one click at a time. Did you know that Google has released a search engine called Blackle? It's based on the idea that using a white monitor uses more energy, and using a black one uses less, thus Blackle - a completely black version of Google, but totally the same. Pretty cool, huh? Now you, too, can be saving the world with a click from the comfort of your own home...gotta love it!


x
Just a girl

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey! I love your blog!! I was wondering if I could link to it from mine: http://www.dollfaceblog.blogspot.com