Thursday 18 September 2008

Boost, Baby

A woman was run over and killed by a bus this morning in the CBD - right in front of the Boost Juice where I work, which subsequently closed for a few hours.

My (first!) shift didn't start until 12, though, by which time all the hubub had died away, and all that remained was a bouquet of flowers tied to a speed limit sign near the tram stop.

That said, my shift was a lot of fun - mostly just making juices, preparing food, washing up and so on - but the second thing I got told (after "the bathroom's down there, to the left) was "did you hear about the woman who got hit by a bus this morning?"

Puts a bit of a dampner on things to say the very least.

Speaking of dampners...got to finish that Lit essay. Because, jdl, unlike you, I plan to pass.

x
JAG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run over?! Nasty business. I wish you had had a better first day..

~Sharanya

jacques du'loque said...

And unlike you, Ms. ----, I don't need to plan to pass. I just do.