Wednesday 11 February 2009

Beauty and the Geek

Now here’s a “reality” TV show worth watching, even if it is only to make yourself feel smarter by comparison (or, in my case, console myself that I’m not the only dateless, desperate, never-been-kissed person on the planet). I managed to catch the first episode of this season late one night last week:


Host: which is closer to the Earth, the moon or the sun?

Beauty #1: the sun

Beauty #2: aren’t they the same distance?

Beauty #3: they’re the same thing


H: how many stripes on the US flag?

B: 52


H: who won the civil war?

B: us

H: who is us?

B: The United States of America, we won every war


H: Tell me a word that rhymes with orange.

B: Morange.

H: what’s morange?

B: [laughing] more orange


H: What are the first five words of the Gettysburg address?

B: I don’t know

H: who gave it?

B: I don’t know

H: Where was it given?

B: [shaking head] I don’t know


H: in the equation E=MC2, what does the e stand for?

B #3: let me tell you right now, math and I do not get along


Geek: when was D Day?

Beauty: [shrugs]

Geek: 1942

Beauty: No, that was when Columbus sailed the ocean blue!



x

JAG

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

My GOD! REALLY?!?!?!??!! I've seen some eps of the show but I've never caught them being dumb. Ah, this DOES make me feel better.

Anonymous said...

I know a guy who was on that show. He's a grad student here at Berkeley. He said all he learned was to use chapstick to make sure your eyeshadow sticks.