Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentine’s Day

This V Day, I shall not wallow in self-pity (as I am unfortunately want) with regards to my (painfully) single status. So long as I shall live, and I have friends (such as these), I shall not want for boys (after all, boys are stupid, are they not?) It doesn’t change the fact that I’m still pining after a guy (The Boy), much like last year (new boy, too, and there’s been one between), but I’m not holding out.

And I’m adopting Rayne’s motto: life's more fun without strings, right?



Because really, I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I don’t have any regrets about what might have happened with whom – of course, I wish some of the guys would have asked, but there aren't any moments I shied away from that might have lead to something else, and there haven't been any offers to turn down.

I am young, single and attractive* and one day, my prince (or any prince) will come!


Today, I want to make a shout out/declaration of love/dedication to two groups of people near and dear to me:

  • To all the bloggers who have known me for a year or more now (GAB is going on two years! Excitement!) We’ve been through a lot, and I’m particularly grateful for your constant and ongoing support, especially last April, which stands out as a time that was hard for me to go through, and you were all (and are still!) so lovely. To my more recent readers; you haven’t missed much, and thank you for all your kind words!

  • To all my friends, both bloggers, readers, occasional browsers and otherwise (to mention a few I know peruse this blog – Sara, Gemini, Dancing Feet, Pepito, Dominga, Pixie, Belinda Humble, and maybe others?) – you are the most wonderful people in my life (RL, that is). Thank you for always being there for me; you people are my rock. Seriously.

Consider this my Valentine to you.

Have you heard about the girl who is auctioning off her virginity? (It’s currently going for about $5.3million AUS) I’m thinking I should do the same with The Kiss.

Any bids?

x

JAG

*most days of the week

12 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

oh my, you are the sweetest thing! be my valentine too - and I wish I could have made such a pretty card to give to you too :) all I have are the words of Albert Camus:

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the Valentine! I very much feel the lonely-on-V-day sentiments. Let us wallow together.

I think that woman selling her virginity is a genius. I wish I had the balls to do that. That's a lot of money.

Sharanya said...

Aw man. Thanks a gazillion for the card. I've just emailed you..thanks so much, God, that was sweet. I had a french exam today, and have one tomorrow, so I'll mail you after my Big exam on wednesday :)

Ps: AUCTIONING HERVIRGINITY?!?!?!?!

Z said...

happy valentines day! i know it seems like this day is created to make people feel terrible about being single, but i think of it not only as a day for boyfriends/girlfriends/spouces but for anyone who you love. family and friends. enjoy the day! you are loved.
cordie

Z said...

happy valentines day! i know it seems like this day is created to make people feel terrible about being single, but i think of it not only as a day for boyfriends/girlfriends/spouces but for anyone who you love. family and friends. enjoy the day! you are loved.
cordie

Emma said...

Happy Valentine's Day darling! I'm all alone too. :D

Julia said...

Aw, thanks for the valentine!! you're the sweetest.

So I'm a day (and a few hours) late with my Valentine's Day sentiments, but Happy Valentine's Day!

I too, was without a boy for Valentine's Day, but I spent it instead with my awesome fellow single friend and actually had a lot of fun! I agree with what Cordie said about it being a day for ALL the people you love.
I hope your Valentine's day ended up being good, even if it was unconventionally so.

xox

? said...

Happy valentines day and I agree that men are stupid

Just a girl said...

You people are all so welcome. I read an e-card that said "love (n): anything you do that makes the world a little bit better" which I think sums it up; basically, I'm happy that you guys are happy (because, in a circular fashion, you make me happy!)

In short: it really was my pleasure.

And thank you all for the kind thoughts and words! =)

@Julia, I did have a nice day, in a pretty unconventional way. My parents and I went out for lunch, shopping, a movie, and I was able to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen for more than year, so it wasn't a complete bust.

What am I saying?! It was wonderful. :D

x
JAG

anahit said...

awww I just noticed this!! that is so so sweet. I feel really loved now, thank you xxxx

Anonymous said...

Boys Are Stupid! Ahaha I loved that poster.

I didn't know there was A Boy. (I couldn't figure out how to write this sentence with The Boy in it. eg. "I didn't know The Boy existed." - umm, no.)

Your calendar thing is so cute. So You! xD <3 ya beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Aaaw JAG, I felt so touched when I read your shout out to me (among others). Although we haven't spoken in AGES, I've been thinking of you a lot lately and keeping in touch with your life through this lovely blog. I heart you! xo