Tuesday 15 July 2008

Avant Card: No Justice


...A law degree needs global focus. That's right, it's an ad for the Melbourne JD: the law degree for graduates.

Now, what a stupid ad. I have a problem with the tagline. It starts off so well - and what a great picture! - and then ends with the Melbourne bloody Model. It's so overdramatic. I'm fine with scare tactics, but use them for a worthy cause! Eg in a world where problems know no borders [which they don't] we all need to act before it's too late are all responsible for our impact on the environment...Or something like that. Make a point worth making! That said, if you don't look at the back, I like this postcard.

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

Hey, remember when you never responded to the writing stuff I sent you?

=P

-jdl

jacques du'loque said...

My Buh-Bye picture is from Inner-Mongolia, an absolutely gorgeous land filled with incredible people... it's also the only place in China with a blue sky. =P

Anonymous said...

ahahaha should've guessed it'd be some sort of Melbourne Model propaganda. Where are you getting these postcards from now that it's hols?

And speaking of MM, are you going to go see Melbourne Model - The Musical? I think it'll be hilarious, you should come see it with meeeee :D (Event on my facebook, somewhere, for dates if you're interested.)

PS. How's your timetable? I have a clash, yuck.

Anonymous said...

It's very Depression Era-ish. Or something you'd see in a coal mining town. Very cool postcard. Where are you finding these?

Anonymous said...

I think That its Hilarious that this card looks all save the worldy, and then it's not. heh
BTW I Tagged you if you have the time. :D

Just a girl said...

Du'Loque: Wow. Inner Mongolia. Jealous!

Sara: Meh, my timetable is OK; only one class on Friday, which is kind of annoying, but it's only a lecture, so if it's recorded I could probably skip it.

MM...? I'll see.

Celise: I find these postcards around campus, usually, but now that I'm home I find them in random cinemas - usually art house ones, go figure.

Kell: Yay! Tag. I love tags. I'll get around it, I'm sure. =)

x
JAG