Monday 28 July 2008

The Perfect Man is a Myth




[Source]


***

To celebrate the very sad end of one of my favourite shows this year, and one of the most brilliant of all time The Gruen Transfer (alongside my equal favourite love, which follows this most holy of shows, The Hollowmen), I want to share this ad, which they discussed a few weeks ago. (But dammit, I better not miss the season-bloody-finale just because of Peter Singer. Nothing against the bloke, personally - he's speaking at our Literary Dinner on Wednesday night - but c'mon, it's Wil Anderson! The Pitch! Wednesday nights on the ABC is not to be taken lightly, nor missed.)






[Source]


[Oh, and if you don't understand the reference...I'll let them explain.]


I think it's an extremely liberating ad. It's like "we've all got one, and we shouldn't be ashamed of it. It makes us women, and we should be proud." Sure, it sucks to get an attack of the Communists every month, but why should that stop us from having any fun?


And I had to include this one, because it's amusing, and I wish it were true. Don't we all? (And by all, of course I mean the most significant half of the population.)







[Source]



This one, though, always makes me laugh. Seriously, this ad should win some kind of Oscar.







[Source]

Also? It's good to be back at college.

x
JAG


(Movie reviews...to come.)

6 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

I'm glad you're happy to be back, I'm sure all your faithful readers are too! (like me) :P

I don't really feel like roganizing scentences properly, so excuse my inarticulate writing (is that an oxymoron? whatever...)

I just remembered that i never replied to one of your comments - I hate EE...but, the outline of my question, obviously I'll have to rephrase it and add some better [longer, more intellectual] words, is:

To what extent is the current food crisis caused by the Green Revolution of the 1960's? (It's in Economics)

bla bla bla, have a great day!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

"Too many rabbits... in chOIna."
Ahahahahahaha! My dad's absolutely FAVOURITE ad ever. Love it.

Your friend DATIMW is doing an Economics EE?! Goooood choice. I so wish I did my EE in Eco... oh well, Maths didn't go too badly :P I heard Macro EEs were hard to get data for though. Sounds like an interesting topic but!

Anonymous said...

wow nice videos..I like it much..

Jacstev said...

What a nice videos... Great blog too.. Keep the good work friend!

-M said...

hey JAG, long time no...typing i guess haha,
i love those ads!
except the U one... not my favourite,ever since i first saw it.
i dont know why, I get the whole not being ashamed etc etc but something about the symbol they have used, it's almost somewhat degrading. like how those two men are looking at the beaver...eehk

anyway, i really love the perfect man one, so funny, and mostly true.

x always m

Just a girl said...

M - those guys are just jealous. ;-)

x
JAG