Sunday 27 July 2008

Why am I not at this rip-roaring party?

Well may you ask, as there is a highly festive party - to celebrate the start of another semester of course - to the tune theme of 'all at sea.' But alas, I have not braved said 'sea,' as I only got back to college at 9, and had some serious unpacking to do.

"But...but...PARTY!" you shout at me, to which I shrug and say, I'm tired, I spent 6 hours (5 of them straight) in a car today coming down and visiting my brother, 3 of them in a cinema (though they were well worth it, and I shall reveal all tomorrow...) and I'm not really in a partyin' mood, though I am pleased to see my friends, who kindly greeted me at the door, let me in and helped me unpack.

Because, you see, I was faced with this:






















Impressive, no, considering I basically packed that on the day I went home. (Apologies for grainy photo, taken on iPhone.)

And, you know, somewhat ironically, I have calculated that I actually get less MB/month internet here at college than I do at home, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be blogging more. Go figure.

Also, readers, I have missed reading your blogs, and hope to reenter your lives (however unwelcome that may be!) via this grand ol' thing called The Web very soon. And regularly. Because I'm a stalker like that.

And that, as they say, is that.

x
JAG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh that's impressive. Is that your hand? hahaha.

I MUST SEE THIS iPHONE OF YOURS!!!! :D xx

Q said...

I WOULD bet, but I'm broke. Also still recovering from showtune outbursts at camp. The sun will come out tomorrowwwwwwww.....
Anyway, have...um, fun with that.
Closet. Or whatever.

rayne

Just a girl said...

Sara: YOU WILL! Ha ha.
And no, not my hand. My friend's.

Rayne: Oh yes, fun shall ensue...in not unpacking the closet. ;-)

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

My pile of stuff going back to college is starting to build right now. by the time I Leave it will have grown like 2 feet. heh. I hate packing and unpacking for college. :D

Just a girl said...

I'm with you on that one. I only finished unpacking today. It's a painful process (during which you realise how much utter crap one owns). I don't know if this is the same for you, but during most of our breaks, we have to pack up all our stuff in cupboards (like shown!) because camps, conferences and people stay in the college and our room, which is just plain annoying.

x
JAG