Monday 22 October 2007

Laughter = Exam Stress Relief

Dinner date
Boarding school slang
To imply an exclusive arrangement between two (or more) people to eat dinner together

Tonight I have learned to appreciate the simple happiness of friends and laughter, particularly in such a stressful time, with 11 days until my first exam(s) and 24 days until I leave. I had a dinner date with two good friends who I unfortunately don't see much out of class time because they are day boarders. It was so relaxing and carefree just to sit about and talk. After dinner, I performed a musical piece for them, because I'm trying to practice up for this Friday's Valedictory Dinner, at which I will both sing and play (on piano) Stevie Nicks' Landslide. Afterwards we stayed and reminisced about old times.
In the meantime, I try to stay inspired. My motto is if I can survive the next 2 weeks of torture, I will have earned my freedom. I'm anticipating that freedom will mean this:







Ah. Paradise. Just like Christmas. Hopefully I'll be returing there in 4 weeks' time!

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Valedictory is on Friday! Our's isn't till December...

You sung Landslide at TT right? :D

Nice photos. The last one is my fave.

Just a girl said...

Hey Sara,
But won't you have finished by December? I think most people will have left the state/country (as my case may be!) after school's out for schoolies...Plus who wants to come back?
I did sing/play Landslide at TT, I'm glad you remembered! I was sure if Miss SB or Miss MK would, but they did soon enough!
Thanks. I love the pics too, they're alternating on my desktop!
x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

Yeah, our valedictory is a few weeks after our final exams =/ In the first week of December. People will be back from schoolies by then. But the international students usually don't come coz they've all gone home. But our school is weird so they do it that way o_o

Of course I remember xD That song is on my 'Nostalgia' playlist coz of it :P