Wednesday 13 August 2008

"Arts students don't explode things."

("I wouldn't know how. Except accidentally.")

Also overheard in today's Intro to Climate Change lecture, by the same guy and girl who said the above, respectively:

Guy: Pretend it's not there, and it will go away.
Girl: Like climate change!

On the tram tonight:

Girl: So, apparently he was, like, really drunk and passed out in Hayden's room...and in the middle of the night, Hayden wakes up and sees Christian peeing against the wall, and Hayden was, like, hypnotised by the size of his wang.
Guy: What, six inches? Small?
Girl: shakes head
Guy: Big?! Wow.

On last night's 5.58 Glen Waverly train out of Melbourne, 8 min late and packed:
Asian guy: [stepping onto the crowded train] Takes me back to Asia.

x
JAG

7 comments:

Sharanya said...

*rolls over the floor laughing!*

Ok, the first one seriously made me sigh and think, but the last one..oh MAN!

Just a girl said...

I know, right? The things people say...don't they know someone (like me) is bound to be listening?! It's not eavesdropping if it's a public place... ;-)

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

I wish I overheard more interesting things. It probably has something to do with how I don't go out much unless with my very talkative friends who tend to drown out everything else.

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

So you're the one taking down these quotes! We have a site called "eavesdropped" (tjuvlyssnat) in Sweden where people send in quotes of things they've heard. My favourite is:

"Man, about 25 walks into Spy Bar (cool club in Stockholm). He heads straight for the bar and acts all cool, one elbow on the bar and leaning to the bartender.

Man: I'll have a White Russian thanks, no alcohol.
Bartender: ...So, just a glass of milk then...
Man: Yeah. That's right. "

Just a girl said...

A: It's probably because I go out all the time by myself. ;-)

D: That's right; be careful what you say, JAG might be listening! =)

OMG that's classic. Sometimes, you just can't believe people say these things...until you hear them say it.

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

you took an early train to get to Glen Iris? Hahaha... xx

PS. are you coming tomorrow? I'll message you in the morning.

Such! said...

how do YOU manage to hear these things when I dont?
Surely, local trains of Mumbai provide such free facilities?!
I MUST pay attention.