Monday 20 October 2008

Dexter

The charm of Dexter is that you like him; while he's slightly creepy, he has a great (if unusual) sense of humour and despite what he may say, he has a heart. Which means he isn't quite the cold-blooded killer he sells himself as.

dexter Pictures, Images and Photos

There are a lot of classic Dexter quotes, such as "just because he's not a criminal doesn't mean he's not an asshole," and "nothing goes bump in Dexter's night." My brother’s is “surprise, motherfucker!” (Doakes, obviously.)

doakes Pictures, Images and Photos

Mine is from Season 2 - either the penultimate or final show - (not really spoilerish) because it makes me laugh every time.

“It’s strange to have a creation out there, a deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel.”

What's yours?

x
JAG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The charm of Dexter is..." that he is hot. Durr.

Can't recall any quotes right now (I'm too busy laughing at the Doakes clip you have there HAHAHAHA!!!) but the face he makes just after he hit Paul with the saucepan is PRICELESS! best expression ever.

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE DEXTER!!! I can't think of any quotes, either, but I have to agree with Sara. The actor that plays him--Michael something or other?--is HOT!! Have you noticed that he wears the same outfit every time he goes out to do his "other" job? It's a long-sleeved tight-fitting thermal-type shirt (which makes his upper body look REAL nice) and cargo pants.

Can you imagine if you were dating this guy and you took him home to meet the parents? "This is Michael and he's a serial killer. ON A SHOW, I mean. Not, y'know, for reals."

My hubby and I are hooked on this show. Hooked, I tell you.

K. said...

Seriously off-subject here, but I love that you use the word "penultimate."

It's one of my very favorite words.

Just a girl said...

Celise & Sara: Seriously? I mean, he's cute and everything...but I don't think he's to-die-for-hot or anything...hmmm...what does that say about you, that you're attracted to a serial killer?! ;-)

K: It's a fun word isn't it? And waaaay underused. Which is probably part of it's "very very cool factor."

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo... he's hot...
Not quite "to die for hot". I wouldn't classify any (okay, many) guys as that xD
I'm attracted to the actor who plays a serial killer! Not a serial killer. Erm... yeah. I read somewhere that he's dating the actress who plays Deb. Harhar.

List of cool but underused (and probably useless) words learnt in IB English: penultimate, juxtaposition...