Thursday 2 October 2008

Friday Night Lights on LSD

I like taking photos of lights. In particular, I like taking fuzzy, shaken, blurred or out of focus photos of lights, so that they appear very differently.

Last week - at the start of the holidays - I went to the AFL semi-finals of Geelong vs the Bulldogs, before Geelong dropped their load spectacularly and lost the Grand Final. What Grand Final? I'm not talking about it. Anyway, great game, if a little scrappy - certainly not their best, but they won, so I wasn't complaining.

On the way to and from the game, I took some pictures of the city lights by night, with some of the more basic functions on my camera in order to create that crazy kind of effect of lights on drugs (or me on drugs, sans the drugs.)



The MCG


The CBD


Ferris wheel!


(I've tasted blood and I want more) More more more.


10 points to whoever can tell me the song and/or film the above line is from (funnily enough, it's not Draculaaaaa.)


(Googling is cheating!! And I will know...)


x
JAG

5 comments:

jacques du'loque said...

When my novel gets published, I'm definitely stealing that first photo for the cover. What say you?

-L, totally not working on that story he owes you

P.S. I know where the quote's from... I mean, psht, that was too easy. =P

Photo-Jenn-ic said...

Rocky horror!

Those pics look great

Anonymous said...

When we got married 2 yrs ago, our photographer got a fuzzy shot like this of us during our first dance. Our foreheads were touching and the whole shot was a little blurred. My husband liked it so much that we had it blown up and it's now hanging in the living room. Very cool.

Z said...

lovely photos!

photos of light are heavenly. they arent like anything on the earth, which is why we have art.
to take us away!


cordie xx

Just a girl said...

L: I say my name on the cover, 10% of the profit and then maybe we can talk. Otherwise I'll sue your sorry ass. =)

Jenn: yep, you got it! And you clearly have taste ;-)

Celise: wow. That sounds beautiful.

Cordie: nice to see you back in the blogosphere, girl! And thank you. I couldn't agree more; photos of light are, indeed, heavenly.

x
JAG