Sunday 7 June 2009

More Birthday Love

My parents came down to celebrate my birthday this weekend, take me out for dinner and generally shower me with love. Much funness and spoiling ensued.

Last night we went out for dinner at The Italian, which is a very fancy restaurant on Lil Flinder's Lane, famed for its steaks. And, you know, other delicious meals. It was really very good, and a lovely dining atmosphere, I would highly recommend it to anyone (and fairly reasonably priced for an up-market restaurant.)

More to the point, I wore this dress, which I've been waiting to receive since Christmas, when I found it with my mum whilst shopping in Hawaii:



































































Yes! It's a lil black dress all covered in sequins! And - possibly even better - it was $100 marked down from $300!

My mum also bought me some really lovely things from Banana Republic, my new favourite store. Wait! You guys don't know about The Dress, i.e. the sole reason I worship at the altar of BR. Here we are:
























Le sigh. I love it. It's 100% merino wool, and was $30 marked down from $110. It's super comfortable, fits really well and makes me feel prettyyyy. It's perfect for going out in Melbourne winters (only with a big, woolly jacket, of course).

My mum was there when I bought the above, so she knows how much I am enamoured with the store, so when they flew back for the funeral she was thoughtful enough to do some birthday shopping there for me:











































Aaaaand (finale) this gorgeous LBD to assist with my quest for the American Dream (20 days!!!):

























I ♥ it. It's stretchy, meaning it fits in all the right places, and looks reallyyyy nice. Well, I think so. And makes me feel fab. Can't wait for an excuse to wear it!

Among other things, I also received:













































Opening presents with my family was the funniest thing, and I can't for the life of me remember why. It was the kind of laughter that makes your cheek hurt and your stomach ache, and it's the very best kind.

x
JAG

@ Sara: yes, photo-whoring, but I can't help it if I look fabulous this blog is, after all, about ME, so there!

13 comments:

Dancing Feet said...

I think it is funny how you are almost more excited about the savings than the actual clothes. Has the GFC gotten to you?!! he.

Z said...

love the dresses! especially the black sequin one, especially fabulous. you look amazing.

cordie

Tina Nandi said...

couple of things:
- first of all, happy belated birthday! i'm glad you had fun and lots of presents! :)
- you have a lovely smile :D
- and I've meaning to tell you this for a while... i LOVE the whole anonymous feeling to your blog! so creative and... intriguing!

hugs,
tina

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

those dresses are totally "gorge"!!! as I imagine mean american girls would say when they acutally brutally covet them, like I do. That sequin dress is TO DIE FOR!!! If I could "omfg" here, I would.

Merino wool is sooooo soft, rihgt?! I just walk into stores with that material and stroke the clothes. Haha, I don't have any of my own :P

It looks really nice, you look really nice (without a head, that is :P), your birthday must have been really nice and I wish you all the very best of luck, life, love, laughter, liberty and leisure in your 19th year of life! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday dear JAG <3

/Diana xoxo

Just a girl said...

@ DF: almost, but not quite. ;-) I ♥ a bargain!

@ Cordie: aw, thanks!

@ Tina: thank you! that is very kind of you. can't tell you how much the second comment made me smiiiile :D

@ Dina: you're the sweetest! thanks ever so. It IS super soft and feels reallyyyy nice to wear =) I had a super time and am looking forward to 19 and all that it promises. Thanks again! :)

Love that I have lovely friends like you!

x
JAG

Arielle said...

Ooooooh I love the sequin dress! I think everyone should have at least one.

Also, the Lily Allen album is amazing.

sara said...

Ahahahaha.

Love the last LBD. Gorgeousssssssss. <3

Just a girl said...

@ Arielle: so very true.

Yes, she/it is amazing, though not as amazing as live, eh? *jealous*

@ Sara: I knowwwww. *glee* Can never own too many LBDs, right? :)

x
JaG

Ryan said...

He, photo-whoring! Super term.

Narcissism is so underrated, don't you think? ;)

Just a girl said...

*catches sight of self in mirror. pauses.*

sorry, what?

Totally. ;-)

x
JAG

PS: ♥ the birthday love! =D

Celise said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday, too! Gemini's rock!

Ryan said...

Ha ha! And I forgot, Happy Birthday :P (though you would have heard it even if i didn't say it the last time around, the narcissist that you are :P)

Emma said...

LOVE the clothes! Also, I love Lily Allen's album!