Sunday 14 June 2009

V

The finale!


Photobucket


1. Human rights/politics
2. Films
3. Australia
4. Photography





































I'm about as girly as you can get, but without being princessy about it. I'm not going to cry if I break a nail, I don't straighten my hair daily or wear make up (in fact I do - both - rarely and I prefer it if someone else does it for me), I don't worry that outdoor sports are all "ewww, gross" and I object to click lit (for the most part) on literary grounds.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


That said, I love almost anything pink, go ga-ga for shoes, chocolate solves all my problems, I live for shopping, I never pass up an excuse to dress up for an occasion, my idea of a good time is with my friends, I am a complete and utter romantic, and I enjoy a good chick flick if it's funny or inclined towards romance.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




I would be perfectly happy to live in a house like this (granted, if it were a little bigger):







































Or this one:

















































And this just makes me all giddy inside:














































































This post also gives me a chance to swoon about theeeeese:








































































I'm proud of my girliness and femininity, but I'm not a stereotype. To be a girly girl these days is to be blonde, stupid and superficial:


Their favorite color is pink
Usually described as weak or fearful
Likes shopping and skirts/dresses
Usually uses "Oh my gosh" " Oh my god" "Like"
If her clothes get messed up, she makes a scene
Hates mud/dirt
Into boys..and not the only friends way
Carries a purse around


[Urban dictionary]


It's an insult to femininity. That's not to say that if you're not feminine that you're any less of a woman, but to say that because you exhibit overtly "girly" characteristics you are 1) slutty 2) wimpy 3) stuck up 4) petty 5) unkind 6) bitchy is just ridiculous. Sure, there are girls like that, but don't generalise us, just because we all (being 'girly girls') like to wear skirts or dresses.


x
JAG

1 comment:

bhavini said...

That's right. What I feel is that the generalisation extends to girls who don't display their femininity on their sleeves. They may like doing things that most boys do, but that doesn't mean they aren't girls at the end of the day. Overlooking this is just sad, and underlooking femininity (as you pointed out) is ridiculous too.