Monday 14 April 2008

The Shit Some People Say

So I've been reading Overheard in New York lately, because Dancing Feet recommended it to me and I find it highly amusing. But this has got to be one of the funniest conversations I've read:

First man: So after Cain killed Abel he was sent from exile and went up Europe way.
Second man: Not Asia?
First man: No, the Caucus mountains... that's up Europe way.
Second man: Oh, you mean like Turkey.
First man: And since black people don't like the cold, Cain went to live in a cave and started to grow and was the first caveman. Now at that time there was dinosaurs but they weren't really dinosaurs, we call them dinosaurs but that's just how God made animals, you know, until you start messin with the DNA of 'em.
Second man: Oh!
First man: Then Cain met his sister and they had a baby together but since Cain was cursed for being the first murderer their baby came out an obino.
Second man: An obino?
First man: Yeah, a red-headed blue-eyed obino and that's where white people come from. Then they went to the north pole and you know it's light there six months and it's dark there six months and the wind is always blowing and that's where Asian people come from. That's why they eyes is like that because the wind was always blowin in they faces.

Um...LOL but WTF?

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. OMG that's funny. That sounds like something my hubby would say.

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

I suppose it's a good sign that I didn't get any of that. ;P

We have something similar in Sweden to Overheard in New York. Observe:

On the subway.

Boy, around 15 is looking a bit grumpy. Loud music is coming out of his earphones. His mom, around 45 tries to start a conversation but all she gets is short, snappy answers. Eventaully she asks what he's listening to.

Boy: Nasum
Mom: Oh, do you think I would like it?
Boy: Bu- no! It's punk!
Mom: Young man, first of all, I listened to punk before I even met your father, second of all Nasum is more grindcore don't you think?
Boy: ...

K. said...

Um... Wow.