Friday 4 April 2008

Thoughts of a Girl

Silly, silly me. I just visited the principal of college for an interview about settling in to uni/college etc that I scheduled yesterday as per a letter I received the night before and came out of the interview realising I was a week early. It was supposed to be next Friday. I should have realised something was up when he said I wasn't written in the diary - though I had seen the secretary write it in - and that I was the first person, when I knew there were supposed to be two people before me. I just assumed he was looking at the wrong page in his diary - turns out I was wrong! Oh well. He had the time. It's all good.

But I did feel a lot stupider when I went upstairs to go to my room (on the second floor) whilst I was contemplating this and I stepped out on the first floor with the intention of going to my room, before I realised "I don't recognise any of these doors..."

D'oh.

***

Walking back to college from my clase de espanol this morning I passed a guy who I've been to school with for the past four years but don't think I've ever spoken to (no great loss.) We didn't have class together, ever. He's grown his hair out, but he still looks like a wannabe surfer dude/beach bum. I wonder if he remembers who I am?

***

I also wonder if the boy who I did IB with and lives in the college next to me ever sees me in the several times that we've passed each other around campus. Maybe he's just not looking.

***

Not that I care about whether or not these people notice me, I just sometimes wonder how much of an impact we make on each other as classmates or ex-schoolmates.

***

It's funny how in college there are still people I don't know - second years, third years - simply because we don't interact much, if they live on a different floor or wing. Even though I recognise them - there's those really awkward moments if you pass on campus; eye conact, "hey," "hey," - I don't know their names. It's also slightly annoying. Facebook is helping fix that, though.

***

I'm catching up with a friend for lunch and Sara for coffee this afternoon. Looking forward it.

***

Got to finish a democracy assignment, due today. Won't take me long, though. The majority of it was done last night. Lateish. Or earlyish, depending on your definition.

x
Just a girl

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

I know what you mean about your classmates and ex classmates. And I think they've seen you.

I always thought I was the most forgetable person on Earth but it turns out people do see me, even though I don't talk to them, they know I exist or know my name. So weird, right? People notice people, just like we do. LOL.

You know what kind of awkwardness I hate? When I don't know if I should say hi or smile to someone because I really don't know if that person knows who I am or remembers me.

Anonymous said...

i know oh too well that eye to eye hey that we have with known-strangers, haha nice and awkaward.

even tho you dont know everyone, it sounds like you're settling in.

-M