Tuesday 1 May 2007

Not a Laughing Matter

Actually, it is. This whole day has been one long laugh. I can't remember feeling this happy for a while. Today started out early, to say the least - I got up at 6.30 (ungodly, I know) to finish Spanish papers that weren't even due (that makes me sound bitter - I'm not). The day improved - in math, I got talking to a good friend who I sort of haven't seen/spoken to really in a while...we've gone different ways (despite being in the same boarding house). But tonight we had this great email conversation that made me laugh so hard. The day got even better when I started getting results in my biology prac (it's nerdy to be happy about something like that, but I haven't been getting results in this prac for ages) and I had an 'aha!' moment about my TOK oral (v. sad indeed...). Handed in an IA (history) draft and talked over my TOK oral (cleared up a few things). All in all, a fairly satisfactory and not too depressing academic day. Played netball this afternoon which was great, love playing netball, it's such a rush. I played WD, which is something I don't often (if ever) play, but it was just fun against a yr 10 team. Then I had dinner with a good friend who told me some funny stuff...it's kind of hard to explain, but it's just been one of those smiley days...oh god, that sounds sappy. OK, it was optimistic and enjoyable.

On another note, tonight I heard an event which I will call Bitch Fest #1: World Vision. The girls were sitting around watching Neighbours on TV when a World Vision advertisement came on. The girls started discussing how cute the boy looked, and it came up that one girl had commented that "they look cuter when their poor." There was some general agreement. Then in reaction to one image, one girl said "he's cute" while another said "I don't like his eyebrows."
Ah, girls; we're such a fickle, judgemental bunch.

x
Just a girl

No comments: