Monday 28 May 2007

The Rest of My Life

SAT scores were released the other night. I must admit, my expectations were fairly high - it was my second time doing the test, and I felt confident in my ability. The results were a bit of a shock/let down:

Critical reading: 670
Math: 600
Writing: 630

My parents keep telling me they're not that bad, but when they found out what my scores from last year were (CR: 690, M: 570, W: 670 >> though I am pleased with my math improvement, it's not my strong point) well, they couldn't disguise their surprise. But as my gorgeous friend (who got 2 scores in the 700s and got a total of 2080) put it, I scored in the 85 percentile which means I'm in (approximately) the top 15%! Which is kinda cool when you think about it. Combined, my best score is 1960 - good enough to get me into Yale, Columbia or Boston Uni? I hope so! At least as an international student my scores don't count as much...though my ENTER will...and my extra curriculars, but I do heaps of them anyway because I'm nerdy like that :-)

That aside, I love thinking about the future, and the possibilities it holds! Call it fantasising, call it dreaming, call it what you will - I just love thinking about the opportunities the rest of my life holds - university, work, travel, marriage...It's a little hard to explain...it's a hopeful, optimistic feeling of knowing I've got the whole world in front of me, I'm young, I can do what I want, and achieve my dreams (that's the hopeful part). I could spend hours just thinking about what could be...reality is a rude disturber of such dreams.

On another exciting note, I'm going out for dinner and movies this Friday with a bunch of girls to celebrate my birthday (Thursday)! We're going to see Pirates 3. I'm very excited about it all - especially Thursday. Even though Extened Essay is due in on Friday...

And to conclude on an extrememly nerdy (but funny) note from my IB co-ordinator (a little sad, I know, but it makes me laugh):

















x

Just a girl

1 comment:

Roby said...

Hi Just a Girl, thanks for your comment in my Blog, I can notice that you are not from Sydney (maybe Melbourne) because of you comment about Rugby. I know there is AFL in other states, but my statement was purely estadistical, if Sydney is the biggest city, and Sydney and Queensland like Rugby (Queensland the 3rd state in terms of population), that means most of the Country likes it... Am I right?? Well... maybe not... I will put some comment later about AFL just for you.
My sister has a cousing here that has just turned up 17. She is also all pink and girlish, you remind me a lot of her (in a good way eh!).
I can see that you are very smart, that's good. Just concentrate on your studies, and don't worry about that first kiss, it will come in time... just wait for the right boy....

CHAU!

Roby.