Thursday 31 May 2007

POOF! You are now 17...

It seems really odd that with a turn over of the minutes, I am now 17. Hard to believe another year has passed in a matter of days...Have been working (EE, and now Spanish) and happened to glance up at the clock at 12. I looked again...12:01. And just like that, I'm 17. Strange how so much time passes in order for us to age, and yet the time it takes to add another year to our lives - to say "I am no longer 16 but 17" is short - only a matter of minutes.

17 could take some getting used to. I am now longer "16 going on 17" but "17 going on 18." The latter seems so much older! 17 seems so sophisticated...16's all "sweet 16," innocent and naive. 17 implies experience (and closer to all those good things in life that come with 18!)

I like it.

More in the light of day (not the dark wee hours...)

x
Just a girl

No comments: