Tuesday 10 June 2008

Avant Card Tuesday

This postcard is just so utterly tragic. It makes you flip over to read;
Looking at the picture you'd never know Sara was sick. Neither does she.
That's because kidney disease has no warning signs.
Like Sarah, you can lose up to 90% of your kidney function and skill feel perfectly fine.
With 1 in 3 Australians at increased risk of kidney disease your donation could save someone you love.
Call 1800 KIDNEY (1800 4 543 639) or visit http://www.kidney.org.au/
Really makes you think about life, health and how we live.
x
Just a girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my sister had to have her kidney removed due to sickle cell. Although I've never had the symptoms, I have the trait. She had wanted to enlist in the Air Force Reserves, I think, but couldn't because they don't take people who are missing major organs. I thought how ironic that is now, since back then my father--a retired Army Colonel--had wanted us to enlist. (For the school money, of course).

I think about health a lot. Since the first moment my Dad ended up in the hospital, to the present where he's beaten prostate cancer, I think about my health. About all the ailments that will be genetically handed down to me.

Reason number 5,521 why I don't want kids. LOL