Thursday 5 June 2008

So Many Movies, So Little Time

I saw Prince Caspian today with a bunch of friends from college and I must say, the Prince himself lived up to all expectations of fineness (well, apart from his fairly terrible accent). The movie...not so much. Fortunately, the four didn't annoy as much as they did in the first, although I really wanted to slap and shake Lucy just about every time she opened her mouth (or didn't). Edmund is a better character this film, and Peter grows on me. As for Susan - well, why does she get the guy? (Hello, she's 1300 years older than him!) The scenery is spectacular, and the cinematography is awesome, if not a little melodramatic. All in all, it's fairly cheesy (as in corny and predictable), but funny, and enjoyable for the most part. Plus the fighting just makes it that bit more intense/exciting.

You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember...

But if you don't dig the Prince, I'm not sure if it's really worth seeing...

Edmund: So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?

Check out who made Cosmo Girl's Hot 100 Summer 2008 list:

#6 - the Prince himself, Ben Barnes



















(Also; #8 = Ed Westwick, Gossip Girl hottie)




















#70 - William Moseley, aka High King Peter























[Source]

But where, I ask, is Robert Pattinson?
Ah, so many boys, so little time.

Why do all the songs on my iPod have to be about love? It's enough to make a person depressed. Thank God for Joan Jett.

Mood: holding out for a hero

x
Just a girl

5 comments:

anahit said...

*chuckles* robert pattinson is cute, but he sorta reminds me of a guy from work who isn't so cute, so I've kinda gone off him. I'm sure once I stop working there in a couple of weeks, I'll like Robert again, so I should be all prepped up for Twilight come Winter :D and I dunno why, but I really wanna see Prince Caspian now!! Like, not since you said you didn't like it lol, but since a couple of days ago. And susan gets the guy?!?! you what? *goes to wikipedia* see ya xxx

Just a girl said...

Well you can see the whole Susan & the guy thing coming from the start, unfortunately.

Also, I did like this one better than the first one; more action, more hotness, less Aslan (he is so overrated, everything he did in this film was just about laughable.)

Anyway, enjoy!

x
JAG

Miss Snow said...

Dude, that Prince is HOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.....Wooh!. =)

Just a girl said...

Totally! Phoar...

x
JAG

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

OMG! What happened to Josh Peck?!

http://www.cosmogirl.com/cm/cosmogirl/images/1H/josh-de.jpg

And I'm embarrassingly excited about The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2...:P