Wednesday 15 August 2007

Everybody Hurts

We all feel vulnerable.

We all cry.

We all feel insecure.

We all doubt ourselves.

The difference is, we don't make a big deal about it.

We cope, and move on.

That's the difference between you and me.

Between me and her.

Emphasis on her.

Sometimes we can't cope.

That's when we need each other.

But sometimes you've just got to get over it and pull yourself back on your feet; someone else can't always do it for you.

* * * * *

But perhaps there's a chance for us yet?

For me and him, I mean.

Perhaps...

x
Just a girl

[title inspired by REM's song Everybody Hurts]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you okay hun? Your blog entries haven't been as cheerful of late :(

Anyhow I'll see you on Sunday right? Email/sms me with the times you'll be there :)

Julie said...

Hi
Your comment on self-confidence is so true.

As far as Emily Bronte is concerned, she is my favourite poet.
Here's another poem I like:

No Coward Soul is Mine

No coward soul is mine,
No trembler in the worlds storm-troubled sphere:
I see Heavens glories shine,
And faith shines equal, arming me from fear.

O God within my breast.
Almighty, ever-present Deity!
Life -- that in me has rest,
As I -- Undying Life -- have power in Thee!

Vain are the thousand creeds
That move mens hearts: unutterably vain;
Worthless as withered weeds,
Or idlest froth amid the boundless main,

To waken doubt in one
Holding so fast by Thine infinity;
So surely anchored on
The steadfast Rock of immortality.

With wide-embracing love
Thy Spirit animates eternal years,
Pervades and broods above,
Changes, sustains, dissolves, creates, and rears.

Though earth and man were gone,
And suns and universes ceased to be,
And Thou wert left alone,
Every existence would exist in Thee.

There is not room for Death,
Nor atom that his might could render void:
Thou -- Thou art Being and Breath,
And what Thou art may never be destroyed.

-- Emily Bronte

Julie