Friday 24 August 2007

Times Like These: Memories

All these sunny, spring days are making me think about how much I'll miss this place when I'm gone. Seriously. I know I complain about it, but then I remember all the "fun in the sun" - summer here is just so beautiful and enjoyable. Much more so than winter. Everyone's outside on the ovals, tanning, reading, talking, playing. I suppose uni will like that too...but not the same.


So I was reminiscing, and thinking about Gaby's post about her top 10 sad songs, which led me to think about my own top 10s - in particular, songs that remind me of people or places. And the result of that was this list of memories:


Top 10 Timbertop Songs
  • Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations

  • I Miss You - Blink 182

  • Push Up - The Freestylers

  • Working Class Man - Shannon Noll

  • Toxic - Britney Spears

  • Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

  • Wonderwall - Oasis

  • Stand By Me

  • Sugar, Sugar - The Archies

  • Times Like These - Foo Fighters

Summary genre: 60s/pop

(Miss SM, Miss SC, what do you think? Miss MB?)



Top 10 Songs that remind me of Yr 7 & 8

  • Boys of Summer - The Ataris

  • A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

  • Someday - Nickelback

  • She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd

  • Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit

  • Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows and Vanessa Amarosi

  • Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas

  • Complicated - Avril Lavigne
  • Lose Yourself - Eminem
  • Jenny From the Block - J.Lo

Summary genre: So Fresh


And because I like Gaby's idea...


Top 10 Sad Songs
  • Unchained Melody - the Righteous Brothers

  • Collide - Howie Day

  • Superman - Five for Fighting

  • Hero/Heroe - Enrique

  • Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt

  • Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
  • Who Knew - Pink
  • London Still - the Waifs
  • Dear Mr. President - Pink
  • Even Angels Fall - Jessica Riddle

x
Just a girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did NOT post this on August 24 did you? I swear you haven't updated in ages :P

Ahh, I love reminiscing. The list seems pretty good to me, only 10 songs is a bit limited to put down all of those T/Top songs! I think "Keep On Running" should be there... and how about "What About Me"? Hehe. And even though we didn't exactly play it in the unit, I'll never forget when you sung us "Landslide" at the concert :]

Anyhow you'll never guess what... I started a blog too!
http://straymusings.livejournal.com/
Drop by if you feel like reading about my tedious day to day life... feel free to leave a comment if you do :P

Hope your mock exams went okay.

xox