Wednesday 1 August 2007

Hypnosis or Hype?

(Circle desired option or insert own other)
Tonight I had the pleasure/delight/agony of seeing hypnosis/hysteria/pretence in action with a fully qualified hypnotist/pervert/comedian.

It was hilarious/sickening/enthralling to watch as people humiliated themselves/thrived on the attention/acted under hypnosis.

I don't think any one answer is right; tonight's "hypnotic performance" was pretty much a combination of the three in each instance. It was uproariously funny, but at times very painful (to the point of vomit-inducing) to watch two of yr 12's biggest show offs/actors "faking it" in front of practically the rest of the school.

The show was good; light, sound, a huge personality running the show who knew how to engage with the audience. It's just the people who were "hypnotised" who I have a problem with. All of them (there were at least 20-25) bar one were in yr 12. No kidding. I guess it's one of those "last hurrahs." All of them are TC/exhibitionists/have something to prove. (In a way, it's my own last hurrah; the hypnotist came in yr 10, but not last year, and it was my own last chance to experience a hypnotic show, at school, anyway.)

Because of this, they all tried desperately hard to please, wholeheartedly acting their assigned parts, which led to the "hypnotist" choosing those people trying hardest deepest under hypnosis, which were the people who were seeking attention.

This may sound harsh, but it was very obvious that these people
1) are actors
2) were acting
3) were loving it.

I would love to see what real hypnosis is like, but I'm supposing that I won't find it on a stage. Funnily enough, many of the guys on stage ended up topless - any excuse will do. Some of what they had to do was a little revolting/extreme; they were "ordered" to "grab the person nearest them - regardless of sex - and begin to kiss and cuddle them" (I quote!). Too bad so many people go into it...I'm not entirely disappointed though - it was worth the laughs (and the cringes).

In other, equally superficial news - my crush has entered the building! That is, my joint yr 11/12 D&T class (I'm the only yr 12 in the class - long story*- we share the same teacher.) No kidding! The funniest thing is, everyone else hates him - I've heard them say so. Mierda comica. (Not sure if that even translates, but it does in my mind).

Is this a sign? (I'm not holding out on it.)

x
Just a girl

*Long story: last year there were 5 people in the class, including me, and it was just a yr 11 class. At the end of the year, 3 of those people dropped changed to VCE. And then there were two. Because of this year's timetable, they combined the yr 11 and 12 classes, and it was Miss SC and I...until there was one (me) and one who left (Miss SC). So now it's just me and a bunch of yr 11s who don't do anything. It's so funny, all they do is sit around and bitch and gossip. Highly amusing.

No comments: