Tuesday 21 August 2007

Last Hurrah: Cross Country

Yesterday I ran my last ever compulsory cross country. Oh joyous day! Only 3km, and it was quite a nice day. I still have to do athletics, but athletics are mostly fun. No more running unless I really want to! (And no doubt I will in order to keep fit...but at my own pace, and my own time!)

Yesterday I also found out about a bizarre love triangle in the boarding house that you'd only expect to read about Paris Hilton in a trashy magazine....SO, the story goes that Miss L broke up with her boyfriend, Mr X, two days ago. She sends around one of those love calculator forwards in which you type your top three crushes. The joke is, these names are sent back to your friend. Miss L sends it to her good friend, Miss H, who writes Mr X (her crush and Miss L's two day old ex) as number 1. Miss L receives notifications this via email. Miss H realises that Miss L knows, and pretends it's all a joke, but Miss L isn't having a word of it - apparently, Miss H has been making moves on Mr X in our common room of late...

I love the bitchy gossip of a boarding house. It's so entertaining.

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

Emma said...

3 km! The most I've ever run is 1500m, and that left me in stitches for weeks!

But yay, your last one. :)

toby said...

Stumbled in here through Gabriela and I have no idea what this post is about! Except for the running bit. I did the London Marathon and it was fun.
Oh yeah, and I haven't heard the word "exeat" for a few years! So glad I'm not still at boarding school :)

toby said...

Hi, me again! Just wanted to say thank you for voting for my short story. Your comments were unexpected and flattering! I'm considering have a crack at a second chapter and if readers want more after that... well, one thing at a time! :)