Monday 6 August 2007

Smack!

NB: No, not the drug. Or as in spank. Smack as in the sound of a person hitting a solid object or thing.

Over the past week, I have seen two very amusing smacks. The first was a year 10 boy who I saw walking along the sidewalk, kicking a soccer ball amongst his friends. He attempted some kind of fancy kick, but fell flat on his bottom on the concrete path (I was on the other side of the road, trying not to laugh). The second, which still brings me to laugh now, was a year 10 girl who ran smack-bang into a glass door. The thing is, it's the door into our common room, which isn't entirely glass (it has a wooden frame) and she uses it every day, so it's not like she forgot or couldn't see it. She just ran at the door and forgot to open it before she hit it, I guess. All we could see from the inside was her cheek up against the glass. Hysterical.

[This sounds sadistic, but it's not. I simply find it funny that I have seen two such incidents in a week. And they're both yr 10. Hmm...]

x
Just a girl

No comments: