Thursday 8 May 2008

Distraction, Denial and Democracy

I don't want to think about this so I'm amusing myself with this video my Spanish teacher sent me, called "One Semester of Spanish Love Song:"



[Source]

It's basically a whole bunch of (random) things learnt in a first semester beginner Spanish class; I think you can get a pretty good idea of what he's saying (Hello, girl. What's your name? My name is Mike. My name is Mike. Where is the bathroom? Happy birthday! What's the time? What's the time?) My favourite part is when he say "No remembro how to say eleven," it's the kind of spanglish my brother uses (i.e. put an 'o' on the end of everything and todo es bueno - all is good.)

And another hilarious one brought to you by the same guy, called "Ooh Girl!" - An Honest R&B Song:



[Source]

Classic. It's got me in stitches.

Also, I'm supposed to be doing my Democracy essay, due tomorrow. Let's not talk about it.

x
Just a girl

4 comments:

-M said...

ahhahaha, muy divertido! i think that means very funny :P

made me laugh as i was also distracting myself from my homework :P

you may not want to hear this: but you should do ur democracy essay!! :)

p.s if i fail english, i blame you for ur distracting blog! (:

x, always M

Just a girl said...

Estoy de acuerdo; es muy comico! (I agree, it is very funny!)

Don't worry, I am doing my essay...it's just a slow and boring process. Ugh. And I'd really much rather go to bed...so tempting...

x
Just a girl

DISCLAIMER: I claim no responsibility for your choice to hit the net and read my blog, chica; that it is clearly intriging for you is also not my fault, it is a mere side-effect of my writing. ;-)

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

have you sen the "What you know about maths?" -video? It's literally the soundtrack of our lives (maths HL)and it's really funny too!...here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa8nHKPZ5k

Just a girl said...

Diana, that's hilarious! I think I'm going to have it stuck in my head for the rest of the day now (What you know about math? What you know about math?) All the things I definately want to forget about math!

x
JAG