Tuesday 20 May 2008

Feminists for Obama

Rehab is the new anorexia*
What would Wayne Carey do?
Ghandi's Enema

^^Melbourne Uni debating team names.

***

Tonight's topic was That Australia should establish a skilled migration scheme for Pacific Islanders. Our team won for the negative side by a narrow margin, even though Sara and I swung for different teams. Overall, we finished fifth on the ladder, and just missed out on getting into the finals by about 10 points, having 4 wins and 1 loss (no team finished undefeated.)

***


Saw this in an Ecological History lecture - the one and the same!

[Source]

***

I've been listening to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and so have this stuck in my head:

Of course, it just makes me want to break out into dance!

[Source]

***

Since I rejected Rochester (yes, despite the lovely offer they made, due to my parents' strenuous objections) and am still waiting on Columbia, I'm looking to exchange (which my parents fully endorse), and getting kind of excited about it. Even though I'm not considering it until 2nd semester next year, the deadline for application is December this year. The question is: US or UK? Uni of Penn or Berkeley? One semester or two?

***

I auditioned for our college play - Dinner - but didn't cut it, even for a call back. Oh well.

***

Tomorrow is the college ball; the Great Ball of Fire.

***

11 days until my birthday!

x
Just a girl

*they never show up. They obviously take their name seriously as a lifestyle.

5 comments:

Dancing Feet said...

UK defos, but that is wat I would do. I don't know for you, i reckon probs the US because you seem to like the US (a hell of alot more than I do). I want to go to some European country when I do uni exchange.

jacques du'loque said...

If you go to Columbia, avoid a girl name Linda (and her friends) at all costs.

If you go to Uni of Penn, don't sleep with a kid named Nathan.

If you go to Berkley... bring an extra pair of Birkenstocks. =P

And how come DC schools got no love?!

-jdl

P.S. Too bad, Rochester's actually a really nice school, without the pretentious brand name attached. But I guess you could just ignore my warning about Ivy League undergrads....

Just a girl said...

DF: Yeah, I'm looking more towards the US, since that's my soft spot. Europe would be great though, think of the travel! I've considered Chile, but not sure my Spanish is good enough. Somewhere in France would be nice. If I didn't have to speak French.

Du'loque: Thanks for the advice. If I ever get to any of those places. =)

Um, well, DC. What's in DC?! ;-)

Yeah, I think Rochester is a really great place; too bad my dad doesn't agree...

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

I'd say Berkeley. That's where I'm going next year.

I love Rocky Horror. Although I'd love anything where I get to yell during a movie and throw stuff at the screen.

Anonymous said...

You forgot Heath Ledger's Personal Stash. That one's my fave hahaha.

I am so excited for your bdayyyy :D

Have a ball tonight (oh I am so witty...)