Thursday 15 November 2007

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it has happened"

My time has come to an end at the school I have loved, hated and enjoyed for the past four years.

I may be walking away, but I'll be leaving a piece of my heart here, for all the times I've smiled, laughed, hugged, hoped, dared, dreamed, cried, complained, missed home, said goodbye, danced, loved, feared, and perservered.


[Photo taken by my friend Miss CM of me on a rainy winter's afternoon last year]

I will never turn my back on those memories.

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

Z said...

=[




so. wheres life taking you next?

Gabriela said...

Nice!

I kind of know how you feel about it, I felt that way about high school. And maybe someday when I finish at med school I'll feel that way too.

Just a girl said...

Cordie: hopefully life (after Hawaii) is taking me towards uni, I'd really like to study in Melbourne - a bachelor of Arts - or in the US, where I'm currently applying to Yale, Columbia and University of Rochester. I'd like to focus on writing, creative or journalism, and pursue a career in these areas. =)

Gaby: Yeah. Who knows, maybe I'll someday feel the same about uni, too! It's an odd kind of feeling - sad but excited, overjoyed and relieved but tearful to be leaving the memories.

x
Just a graduate

Z said...

my father went to yale! its such a gorgeous school. i love love love that campus.

Just a girl said...

Really? That's so cool! So did my dad! I've never visited campus, unfortunately, but it does look beautiful!

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

hi just a girl! um miss CM here i think........if by that you mean miss 'x'm than its probably me! i dont even remember that photo!!!! oh well heart u mega much! and good luck for hawaii! it will be awesome!
xoxoxo
miss CM :P