Thursday 1 November 2007

Unexpected Kindness

Isn't it the best kind?

Today I received a good luck card from family friends; the mother of friends I used to go to school with. It was so sweet and surprising - which is a nice feeling when I'm freaking out about Biology Paper 1 and 2 tomorrow! (Paper 1 is multiple choice, which won't be so bad, but Paper 2 is data analysis, short answer and essay questions...less easy to bluff!) And in the same post, I also received a letter from my mother, including a 'worry bear' to do all my worrying for me:

The feeling of being loved is unlike any other. It improves any situation (such as the stressful one I'm in now) and just makes you want to smile.

In the meantime, you can make a difference in someone else's life, somewhere...sign the Avaaz petition for Climate Action and the petition for Burma. Think of it as your act of kindness for the day.

Me? I've already signed them.

And now, I must learn the difference between absorption and assimilation, fertilization and copulation, gametes and zygotes, mitosis and meiosis, plant and animal cells, prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells, and so on.

Joyous.

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realised the other day that we do really opposite subjects. You have Bio, History, Spanish, and whatever the other one is that I can never remember xD And I have Chem, Physics, Eco and Chinese! So different x.x

Good luck for tomorrow! I don't think you'll be resorting to bluffing ;]

Unknown said...

good luck with your biology paper!all those biology terms you mentioned brought back alot of memories heheh...
oh, and about the secretary, she's barely in month 2 of her pregnancy but it's a high risk one so she got 15 days of rest. Once she has the baby she'll get like 3 months in addition. =)
I signed the burma petition (thankyou for the link!) and will try to make sure I include that in my next post so mroe people can sign up.
xoxoxoxo

Just a girl said...

Sara: Design Technology is the other subject. Does your school even offer it? Do you offer Psychology? I think that would be really interesting...

Fabi: Thanks for the luck. :-) And thanks for signing the petition! You rock.

x
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

Ah yeah. Is DT a group 4 or group 6 subject? No we don't offer it. We don't offer Psych either (I thought you guys would?) We're pretty limited with our subject choices :P

Just a girl said...

DT is group 4, but I do it as a group 6 (elective) subject. I'm the only yr 12 person who does! So, lucky me, I'm the only yr 12 in a class of yr 11s! Miss SC used to be in my class too...until she left. Last year there were 5 of us, but 3 dropped to VCE.

x
Just a girl

Gabriela said...

I know what you mean about unexpected kindness, there are times when that just makes my day.

God...I hate biology, I don't understand anything at all. Sometimes it seems impossible. Anyway, good luck with that.