Sunday 4 November 2007

Can't Help But Smile Squeal

So...nothing is totally definite yet, but I'm positively close to certain that I will be returning to that tropical island paradise in the Pacific!

I can't help it - I'm beyond excited, I'm absolutely elated!

I'll (potentially!) be leaving the weekend after I finish - in two weeks' time!! - and be spending around 10 days - 2 weeks there.

This is the first time I'll be travelling sans family. Does it bother me? Not particularly - it all adds to the anticipation of the trip! Plus, I've done this so many times before with the family that I'm sure I can handle it without. Mind you, I think it took my dad a bit of convincing. It's only airports (which I'm pretty good at navigating now, because of said multiple experiences) with a possible change-over in Sydney, and getting picked up by my uncle once I get there.

I'll be able to see, spend time with and stay with my grandparents (whom I love dearly), catch up with my cousins and go to the beach, all of which thrills me deeply. Not to mention the fabulous shopping I'll be able to enjoy (unchaperoned!) and my first real American Thanksgiving (not counting the Australian ones we have home, which rock). It's a place I truly adore and can't wait to visit again. So, in the spirit of being absolutely over the moon about it, I'm going to post some more photos:


This is the view from the Pali lookout, on a mostly clear day. The day before, it was unbelievably - and uncharacteristically - cloudy, so much so that we couldn't see a thing!


Looking back up Kahala Beach toward the Hilton


Did I mention I can't wait?!

x
Just a girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
Yeah it really was a great day! =D
I can't get over your pictures! You are so lucky to be going back to Australia? Or is that where you live? i'm confused! :S
And does Year 12 make you 17? Just wondering about the year system in America cos in England Year 11 makes you 16 :)
I'm not sure how I found your blog...i think it was through a lot of links on blogs!
I'll be coming back though!

Just a girl said...

Thanks Skyla!
I live in OZ. I'm going to the US. :-)
I'm young for my year - I started kindergarten when I have 5 or something instead of 6 - usually in Oz being in yr 12 makes you 18. I'm pretty sure it's about the same in the States, too.
I'm flattered you like my blog! I love your name, v. unique!
x
Just a girl