Sunday 9 November 2008

ABC Movies

Anahita tagged me again!

1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.

2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.

3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.

4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."

5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.

6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.

These are all films I've enjoyed, with exceptions: V - I've seen V for Vendetta, but really didn't like it; no other V films come to mind (that I've seen) and X - I haven't seen X-Men or X Files or any other film starting with X; the only possibility that comes to mind is Malcolm X, which I have seen and was quite good (but doesn't start with X).

American Beauty
Babel
Casablanca
Devil Wears Prada, The
Elizabeth
Fiddler on the Roof
Grease
Horton Hears a Who
Incredibles, The
Jane Austen Bookclub, The
Knocked Up
Lion King
Mr and Mrs Smith
Ned Kelly
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Painted Veil, The
Queen of the Damned
Romeo + Juliet
Sound of Music, The
Toy Story
Under the Tuscan Sun
V for Vendetta
Waitress
X Files: I Want to Believe, The
Y Tu Mamá También
Zoolander

This is an open tag.

x
JAG

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ur visit to my blog..!many of those movies are my favourites too...

K. said...

Excellent idea, but I vehemently disagree with their filing system rules.

anahit said...

oooh, *approves* :P I hadn't seen the x men either, but what else could I say?? good list though :D xxx

Sharanya said...

I will do your tag soon :D I have to finish my current post, then I'll do it..I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten :D

Just a girl said...

K: yes, was a little frustrating, I kept thinking of all these films and then realising I already had listed something, and other letters really stumped me...

Anahita: thanks! =) was fun, thanks for tagging me girl!

Sharanya: No problem! It took me several months to do yours, take your time!

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

How fun! See as how I'm a movie-goer this should be easy for me. And I saw Waitress about a month ago and loved it. It was funny, sad, and yet very uplifting, too.

Just a girl said...

Waitress is hilarious. I can watch it over and over again just for fun. Their accents, for starters, are just so amusing! But I love that the ending is not really cliched - although it's a happy ending, it's more realistic for me, because she doesn't end up with the man of her dreams or anything like most chick flicks.

x
JAG