Tuesday 18 November 2008

I Picked A Major I Like But I Resent Your Pessimism Regarding It

I've made my decision: this JAG is going to be an English Lit major and history minor, and she's looking forward to it! She's come a long way since wanting to be a creative writing major and spanish minor, but that's OK, because she's happy with her choices, and she's looking forward to it.






I, JAG, picked a major I like. However, I believe (one day) I WILL BE SUCESSFUL and refuse to succumb to others' perception that I will fail and end up living in a cardboard box. I resent your pessimism (communitcations & business majors) for I am an arts/theatre/voice/cinema/music/art/photography/philosophy/creative writing/english major & I am optimistic. I shall find employment... one day.

Besides, how hard could it be?







x
JAG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I wish that i was mildly less greedy so I could pick some major I adore instead of one that I'm just ok with. granted idk what the major I adore is

Just a girl said...

Thanks! =) What is your major?

x
JAG

Anonymous said...

probably dental hygiene. but really i'm not positive. I'm running out of time to decide

Verbatim said...

English Lit is the best :)
I plan to study literature and French next year when I'm at university, and learn something like philosophy/psychology/Spanish or Japanese on the side :P